Position: Pharmacy Coordinator
Reports to: Health Manager
Duration: 2 Month, extendable based on funding
About RI: Relief International specializes in relief and development programs that benefit people in acute distress. A registered non-profit in the US, UK, France and Belgium, our work targets those fragile countries or communities that suffer from recurrent man-made or natural crises that impede human development. The people that we serve live in seventeen countries across the Middle East, Africa, and Asia where the debilitating effects of political instability, forced displacement, and natural disasters are pervasive. Often, RI is the only organization providing healthcare, education, logistics, energy, capacity building, economic development, sanitation, and many other forms of assistance to these highly vulnerable communities.
The Pharmacy coordinator – NW Syria will cover this position to support the health program with all activities and provide overall guidance to the team.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage pharmacies & stocks:
Monitoring and supervise the daily consumption rates records and monthly consumptions.
Review project proposal materials and develop a detailed procurement, distribution and monitoring plan for required commodities based on RI’s donor agreed work plan.
Work with programs team and RI’s health advisor to prepare procurement plans based on current inventory, needs assessments and updated consumption data for timely delivery of required commodities.
Work with programs team and RI’s health manager to prepare procurement plans based on current inventory, needs assessments and updated consumption data for timely delivery of required commodities.
- In collaboration with program and operations, develop and deliver specific supply chain management training for associated health facility staff.
- Represent RI in a positive and professional manner contributing to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization.
- Review the current tools are being for pharma management either by RI or supported health facilities and suggest improvement.
- Ensure the availability of all essential medications in all supported health facilities and avoid stock outs. Review stock out, site visit reports on monthly basis.
- Provide technical assistance and capacity building to adhere to Good Distribution Practices and Good Dispensing Practices in the supported pharmacies in HFs.
- Monitor the accuracy of the consumption reports by double checking with the records/reports coming from health facilities and from other departments such as M&E. And from third parties like health directorate and TPM.
- Work in coordination with facilities pharmacists & lab technician to monitor reception of medical items by health facility.
- Make sure that daily consumptions are reflected on the monthly consumption records properly.
- Review and follow up the spot checks among the pharmacies and labs comparing the actual counting with the quantities reflected in the monthly consumption reports.
- Follow up the spot check inventories done by the commodity officers and pharmacy monitors.
- Follow up the expiry dates for all the items in the clinics.
- Follow up and monitor the consumption tool (tally sheet, …...).
- Working with supply chain team closely to follow the suppliers’ feedback and delivery dates.
- With medical commodities focal points support OSP team in managing two RI warehouses, Dana warehouse and Kfr Jales warehouse through providing technical support requested by OPS team.
- Set site visit plan for Pharmacy Monitors and make sure the plan is applicable and achievable.
Implement any other activity requested by direct supervisor according to RI policy.
Manage the staff inside Syria (pharmacy Monitors).
Support the Pharmacy Monitors in supervising the facilities’ pharmacies & pharmacists.
Other relationships: OPS, Finance, Grants, Programs, M&E.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Previous NGO experience preferred
- Approximately 3-4 years of relevant experience with warehousing and pharmaceutical management.
- Experience working closely with other NGOs and local partners.
- Strong liaison, diplomatic skills, and ability to handle stress.
- Computer skills, in particular email, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Fluent in Arabic and English, both written and spoken.
- Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy.
- We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence.
- We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- We value
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
All Relief International members (staff, volunteers and interns) are committed to the RI policies such as, RI Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy, Reporting Conflict of Interest, Reporting Misconduct, Reporting Sexual Exploitation and Abuse. All new comers are expected to adhere to all these policies.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position.
In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the position, please send your CV in English in addition to three professional references to email@example.com before January 24, 2020 stating in the subject “Pharmacy Coordinator“ All candidates must be eligible to work in Turkey"
Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline of submission of the applications