Chief of Party, Ukraine Youth Unity
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Date Posted: January 10th, 2020
Application Deadline: February 28th, 2020
Job Type: Full-time (contingent on funding)
Eurasia Foundation (EF), a US non-profit organization promoting civil society development and good governance, is accepting applications for Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID Ukraine Youth Unity Project. The COP will be based in Kyiv and will oversee all aspects of program implementation and serve as EF’s principal liaison with USAID and other program stakeholders. This position is contingent on funding.
- Supervise overall programmatic, financial, and operational management of the program; provide technical leadership, strategic vision, and management of program implementation, including monitoring and evaluation activities
- Serve as EF’s principal liaison with USAID, the Government of Ukraine, local civil society partners, and other program stakeholders such as youth networks, civic education groups and international donors
- Build and maintain relationships, and coordinate with relevant program stakeholders, including government and non-governmental partners
- Oversee program performance, reporting, and compliance with cooperative agreement regulations
- Master’s degree in a relevant field or discipline such as international development, international relations, area studies, international education, etc.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years’ relevant experience in leading successful programs focused on positive youth development, civil society, youth empowerment, civic education, conflict reconciliation, or related fields
- Demonstrated experience in successfully supervising, designing, managing, and implementing complex donor-funded technical assistance projects; USAID experience is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience in achieving project objectives through creative and innovative methods, utilizing digital and non-traditional tools to produce cutting-edge solutions
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusive programming that engages marginalized and underserved populations and promotes tolerance and cohesion amongst diverse groups
- English fluency is required; proficiency in Ukrainian and/or Russian strongly preferred
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience in Eastern Europe, preferably in Ukraine
- Strong understanding of Ukrainian culture, history, and politics is preferred
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “COP-UYU” in the subject line. No calls, please.