Data Utilization and Reporting Specialist
Data Utilization and Reporting Specialist, South Sudan Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project, South Sudan
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project (MESP) provides USAID/South Sudan with flexible, demand-driven technical, analytic, advisory, training, monitoring, evaluation, and related support services for performance measurement. The project includes monitoring and evaluation technical support to the Mission for performance management at all levels as well as support to assessments, analytical research, and related services required for new project designs, sector strategies, and broader strategic revisions.
**Please note: Only South Sudanese citizens are eligible for this position
The Data Utilization and Reporting Specialist will produce analyses of complex, large-scale datasets, and present the results of the analyses as well as compile reports/findings for USAID/South Sudan Program Office. S/he will also create appropriate data visualizations for complex datasets; identify and answer questions that involve applying statistical methods or algorithms to complex data and present the results in the form of reports. S/he will collaborate with USAID analytical team members and other departments in activities such as the development of a data visualization platform for third-party monitoring.
The role requires advanced report writing skills and analytical acumen as well as the ability to understand and manipulate data to provide insightful observations to inform USAID's program strategy. Overall, the Data Utilization and Reporting Specialist will work to turn raw data into a meaningful informational resource and generate a technical report that can be easily digested by both non-technical staff and technical USAID/South Sudan office staff.
- Conduct rigorous analysis and triangulation of data from a variety of USAID-funded projects (Health, FFP, Education and others) to develop reports for USAID/South Sudan technical and program offices.
- Perform data quality checks, analysis and generate report based on existing datasets/database using statistical analyses tools.
- Create meaningful data visualizations and reports to communicate findings.
- Handle various datasets and use data modeling tools to develop reports.
- Compile reports based on fundamental statistical methods.
- Undertake other tasks as assigned by the manager and/or team lead.
- Graduate degree in an applied quantitative discipline such as data science, computer science or related field.
- 5 years of experience in advanced statistical analysis required. Previous experience working with USAID or other donor-funded projects preferred.
- Advanced expertise in the use of statistical software.
- Practical experience in databases, data visualization and reporting.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills, including exceptional attention to detail.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com