Fundación Educación y Cooperación – EDUCO Philippines is a local branch of a child-focused international development foundation with head office in Spain. EDUCO places child’s rights at the core of its activities and supports local civil society organizations and government units in strengthening their capacities to guarantee the realization of children’s rights.
MONITORING, EVALUATION AND LEARNING OFFICER
Description of the Post:
Under the supervision of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist, this position will take overall responsibility for the operationalization of an evaluation and learning framework to ensure evidence-based reporting in line with the strategic goals and objectives of the organization.
Specific functions of the Post:
- Provide inputs, recommendations for the development of monitoring, evaluation and learning system to effectively monitor the execution of activities and project impact
- Ensure that mechanisms to ensure the accuracy of monitoring reports (from data gathering, monitoring and reporting templates and forms, analysis and reporting) are used by the end-users
- Collaborate with the project staff in ensuring that the MEL system is operational and updated
- Conduct field monitoring activities for tracking of program implementation, feedbacking and/or validation of technical reports
- Ensure that the management information system is fully operational
- Conduct and/or assist in capacity building activities (trainings, technical assistance, and coaching) to partner LGUs/NGOs, CBOs, and program staff to increase their competencies in monitoring and evaluation
- Assist in the provision of technical assistance to management in conducting program and organization-wide planning, monitoring and evaluation processes and learning activities.
- Assist in the consolidation and packaging of mid-year and annual reports for submission to Head Office, other related government and non-government regulatory and accreditation/certifying agencies; and other similar reports for program-related publications.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Statistics, BS in Social Sciences or any related field. Graduates of other courses may be considered if they have the experience and competency requirements of the post. Masters’ Degree would be an advantage
- With at least two years’ experience in the design and implementation of M & E in development organizations (consecutive experience is preferred)
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis, and production of reports; database management. Experience working in children’s projects is an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluency in Bicol is an advantage.
- Very good people skills, results-oriented, flexible, organized and systematic, resourceful and creative, attention to details, team player, can work with minimum supervision and self-driven
- Above average presentation, facilitation and training skills
- Willing to be assigned in the Legazpi City, Albay
*We are offering:**
- A fixed-term contract for one (1) year, subject for evaluation after six (6) months, with possibility of extension. To start immediately.
- A competitive compensation and benefit package
Educo has a Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct that seeks to guarantee children’s protection. As such, we are committed to doing all necessary actions to guarantee child protection including conduct of background checks and obtaining references for all candidates.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send an application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line written as ‘Application for MEL Officer. Last Name. First Name. Applicants who are able to indicate current or last salary and expected pay will be prioritized. The vacancy on will remain open until a qualified application is received and a candidate is available. We will respond to shortlisted applicants within two (2) weeks after closing date of applications. Due to the volume of applications received, we may not be able to respond individually to all applicants.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national, ethnic or social origin, property, disability, birth or other status to apply for the post.