Over the past 40 years, Medical Care Development International (MCDI) has worked to strengthen health systems through integrated, sustainable and locally-driven interventions across several public health sectors. MCDI collaborates with donors, national governments, the private sector, health agencies, communities and local stakeholders to improve health and save lives in the following areas: malaria control; maternal, neonatal and child health; water, sanitation, and hygiene; tuberculosis; HIV/AIDS; Zika; and other communicable diseases.
MCDI is currently seeking candidates for the Director of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) position for the anticipated, five-year USAID Liberia Community Health Activity. The Project aims to expand quality health and WSH services, and increase the uptake of key high-impact interventions through a well-coordinated and fully functional community health program. Activities will include prevention and treatment of malaria; expanded family planning, nutrition, and immunization services; and maternal, neonatal, and child health interventions. The Director of MEL will lead all strategic information responsibilities related to the program, including all monitoring, evaluation, analytics, and reporting of performance and results. S/he will lead efforts to strengthen MEL and performance reporting which may include support to community organizations to monitor, document, and analyze the performance of their activities and ensure data quality. S/he will liaise with relevant technical advisors, counterparts responsible for strategic information and monitoring, evaluation, and support coordination with national data systems.
This is a key position on the project team and is contingent upon award to MCDI.
- Develop and manage the implementation of all monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting plans, systems, and processes
- Establish and maintain an effective M&E database and M&E reporting (MER) system
- Lead the development and implementation of the project’s performance monitoring and evaluation plan including appropriate indictors and targets
- Provide training for capacity development of civil society and community organizations
- Develop and implement efficient and effective data collection processes, and ensure data quality through routine data quality assessments, participatory data collection methods and protocols, among other data quality verification techniques
- Design the evaluation methodology and participatory data collection methods and protocols for both performance and impact evaluations
- Collate and analyze data for regular project reporting, and lead periodic performance reviews to present and discuss findings and inform adaptive project design and implementation
- As relevant, conduct targeted evaluations and support operations research agenda
- Prepare a variety of technical and communications documents and visual representations of data for both internal and external audiences
- Oversee all knowledge management and dissemination of research findings at local, regional, and international meetings and conferences as relevant
- Supervise MEL officers and staff, and oversee the day to day data collection and data entry activities
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Master's degree or greater in a relevant field such as applied social sciences, statistics, program evaluation or a related field
- Significant experience in similar senior management roles MEL teams for complex health projects of similar scope in Sub-Saharan African countries absolutely required
- Familiarity with USAID’s management and reporting requirements and systems, indicators, and M&E and Learning (ME&L) framework
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following areas: health systems strengthening, malaria, RMNCH, service delivery, and/or community health
- Demonstrated expertise in study design and rigorous quantitative and qualitative research and analytical methods
- Experience designing and implementing an operations research agenda
- Experience designing and implementing baseline and end-line assessments, mid-term evaluations, and impact evaluations among other analysis
- Demonstrated experience designing and managing MEL databases and reporting (MER) systems
- Demonstrated experience with health management information systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for report writing and public presentation
- Strong proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and data management and statistical software e.g. Stata, SPSS, Epi-info, MS Access
- Willingness to travel domestically
- Priority will be given to Liberian nationals
Location: Monrovia, Liberia
How to apply
Interested Candidates should submit a letter of interest and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org. Compensation will be based on USAID FSN scales.