Consultant for scoping study on crowdfunding and direct giving
Oxfam Novib is looking for a consultant to conduct a scoping study on crowdfunding and direct giving. The aim of this scoping study is to explore what options increased interconnectivity provides to a) give local and national humanitarian actors increased access to direct funding for core costs and b) provide populations in crisis- and disaster prone areas with increased funding for resilience and recovery. Specifically, the scoping study will examine the feasibility and options for using crowdfunding to support covering core costs of women-led local or national humanitarian organisations, for example through connecting individual donors directly to these women-led organisations.
Through a desk review of available documentation and interviews with selected stakeholders, the scoping study will inform Oxfam whether it is a feasible option to set up crowdfunding for organisations to directly access funds, and whether there is a market (i.e. individual donor interest) in directly funding Oxfam vetted partners. Completion of the consultancy assignment is expected to take no more than sixteen days, and should be finalized before the 15th of March, 2020.
The consultant should possess the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of and experience with the field of crowdfunding and/or direct giving (Essential)
- Demonstrated experience in conducting scoping studies (Essential)
- Experience with humanitarian programmes / projects and humanitarian architecture (Desirable)
- Demonstrated understanding of innovation in the humanitarian sector (Desirable)
- Demonstrated understanding of the localization agenda, and the ability to apply this understanding to the scoping approach (Desirable)
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills in English (Essential)
- Knowledge of the work of Oxfam or other international NGOs (Desirable)
All details are in the full ToR available here: https://oxfam.box.com/s/dit6mfuuectkpaffxf527ztwnulk75wu
Applications can be submitted by email to Suying Lai (Head of Oxfam Novib Humanitarian Team) at Suying.Lai@oxfamnovib.nl and Cynthia Ghanie at Cynthia.Ghanie@oxfamnovib.nl. The deadline for submission is Monday the 16th of December at midnight Netherlands time.
Any questions, remarks or requests for clarification can be sent to the above email-address.