Programme Assistant (Spotlight Initiative on VAWG) (GS5), FT, Dili, Timor-Leste
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the worlds most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child,hope
To address the global challenges of violence against women and girls (VAWG), the European Union (EU) and the United Nations have embarked on a new multi-year programme - the EU-UN Spotlight Initiative. The Spotlight Initiative aims to support transformative change on the ground to end violence against women and girls. The Spotlight Initiative in Timor-Leste will be implemented through five UN agencies (UN Women, UNFPA, UNDP, UNICEF, and ILO) with a focus on addressing intimate partner violence and domestic violence. The overall vision of the Spotlight Initiative in Timor-Leste is that women and girls enjoy their right to a life free of violence, within an inclusive and gender equitable Timor-Leste. This contributes to implementation of Timor-Leste’s National Action Plan on Gender Based Violence (2017-2021), with attention to holistic prevention and responses to violence against women and girls.
How can you make a difference?
Under the close supervision and guidance of the Child Protection Manager, the programme assistant supports Spotlight Initiative team by carrying out a range of procedural, administrative, and operational tasks, to help develop, implement and monitor this programme, ensuring timely and effective delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
To learn more about the work you would be supporting please see the UNICEF Timor-Leste website: https://www.unicef.org/timorleste/
• Facilitating the processing of contracts for consultants, vendors and external partners that support the office in programme delivery. This includes preparing and filing documents, completing necessary forms and templates, uploading TOR’s in VISION, and making necessary logistical arrangements. Keeps vendor lists, partners, and consultant rosters up-to-date.
• Collecting invoices and filing documents for approval and thereafter processing in VISION and Mycase.
• Preparing and maintaining records, documents and control plans for the monitoring of project/programme implementation and financial expenditures.
• Supporting the management of administrative supplies and office equipment.
• Maintaining office calendar and arranging meetings. Taking minutes of meetings and keeping the correspondence of the team well organized.
• Providing travel assistance to staff members in section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies. Liaising with relevant travel focal points to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel.
• Maintaining and updating a system which monitors the absence of staff.
• Preparing and maintaining records pertaining to programme planning and development for his/her respective section.
• Carrying out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs), and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
• Supporting capacity development activities, meetings and conferences by making the logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, caterers and hosts; arranging times through liaising with participants over availability; liaising with budget focal points and section over costs and needs; and preparing background materials for participants.
Impact of Results
You will support the section in the compilation and coordination of key work products, ensuring deadlines are met and that established rules and procedures are followed. The support provided by the programme assistant therefore creates the strongest possible administrative platform from which the country programme can then be delivered. The key results have an impact on the overall performance of the country office and success in the implementation of project/programme activities.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have...
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=527735