Mentor Site -Regional Management Pediatric HIV / Adolescent / PMTCT
Strengthen staff capacity in designated health facilities on PMTCT HIV care and in children and adolescents living with HIV, according to national guidelines. Oversee the implementation of activities in the area of HIV care management in PMTCT and HIV + children and adolescents. Analyze progress in meeting objectives and support the development of interventions to address identified gaps in the program, work collaboratively with other regional program “mentors” sites, including monitoring and evaluation staff. evaluation of the site. Work closely with the regional public health delegation for program implementation and technical assistance to national counterparts. Ensure that the ICAP supported FOSAs achieve the 95-95-95 annual targets. Work closely with regional and district authorities (RWG, Delegation).
Grant funded position.
- Coach health providers involved in PMTCT HIV care and HIV + children / adolescents in ICAP-supported health facilities in the region
- Be the first person responsible for support and progress for approximately 5 to 7 health facilities supported by ICAP in the region (Adamawa, North, Far North)
- Provide supervision and monitoring of field staff in relation to HIV care in PMTCT and HIV + children / adolescents in ICAP-supported health facilities in the region
- Ensure the functioning of HIV support groups in PMTCT and in HIV + children / adolescents
- Ensure the availability of all standard HIV care guides within health facilities
- Participate in data quality assurance / quality improvement activities to develop interventions to address identified gaps in the program.
- Oversee the collection, documentation and validation of HIV-related PMTCT and HIV + child / adolescent indicators throughout the HIV care cascade
- Prepare the weekly report and submit to the Regional Manager and Technical Advisor for HIV Management in PMTCT and HIV + Children / Adolescents
- Participate actively in weekly meeting, “Situation Room” and monthly on the status of progress towards objectives and review of site data
- Ensure the availability of HIV inputs and supplies in PMTCT and HIV + children / adolescents in the site
- Liaise with headquarters and receive technical assistance, advice and input from ICAP experts from regional headquarters and New York teams
- Other assigned tasks
- Doctor of Medicine degree or Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Master’s degree in public health will be an asset
- Experience in the overall management of HIV / TB (Minimum 2 years)
- Training in Global HIV Management
- Experience in training adult staff
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- IT capabilities (Word 2016, Excel, power point)
- Excellent oral and written French ability with a common expression of local languages
- Good ability in spoken and written English will be an asset
- Availability to travel to health facilities supported by ICAP Adamaoua
Please send a cover letter and your CV by e-mail with the title of the post “Site Mentor Regional Management in HIV PMTCT / HIV / Children / Adolescents” to ICAP-Jobs@cumc.columbia.edu
The deadline for receipt of applications is November 15, 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Specify the region (s) in the cover letter.