Senior Project Control Officer, IT (18 months)
Organization: Plan International Canada
Reports to: Director, Project Delivery & Service Management
Location: Toronto (Mount Pleasant & Eglinton)
Status: Full-time, 18-month contract
Contact level: B
What can you expect from joining a leading organization in the global movement to advance children’s rights and equality for girls?
An inspiring team of intelligent disruptors that challenges themselves to Defy Normal – to be bold, insightful, focused and innovative.
We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and here’s why: together, we have created a climate of trust and inclusivity – where diversity in people, ideas and approaches is not only respected, it’s encouraged. We are empowered to command change and build powerful partnerships, with support from passionate leaders to unleash our full potential and learn, lead, decide and thrive.
Further information can be found at: plancanada.ca
- Monitor and control the Project Management Office portfolio project Financials
- Produce consolidated reporting for the team, including key issues, risks etc.; assist in the updates and validation of project status reports
- Coordinate and execute procurement and vendor management activities
- Coordinate meeting arrangements and functions that pertain to projects and the IT Department
What does success look like?
- Work with Project Managers, IT Team members and Business Partners throughout all phases of the Project Management Lifecycle
- Perform Project Control functions and provide technical, administrative guidance and support on key project artifact deliverables
- Track progress on milestones, response/resolution plans, change requests, issues and risks
- Process information with a high degree of accuracy with attention to the detail
- Support monthly and quarterly project accruals, invoice processing and financial reporting
- Coordinate flow and management of documents for the team and perform updates/reviews as required
- Assist to develop, manage and control schedules by making continuous updates, escalating issues when necessary
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- You are highly organized and can manage multiple priorities/deadlines simultaneously
- You can assist or lead the preparation of high quality and compelling materials for various team members and management
- Previous experience as a Project Analyst or Project Coordinator
- Proven track record demonstrating management of different facets of a project
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (including SharePoint/One Drive), financial acumen and project coordination
- Excellent time management skills and well developed written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to produce a variety of business documents with clarity of thought and orderliness of presentation
- Ability to articulate factual or conceptual information which require detailed explanation or interpretation
How to apply:
To express interest in this exciting opportunity to join a dynamic organization and a high performing team, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 22, 2019. Please reference Senior Project Control Officer, Information Technology in the subject line.
Plan International Canada is an inclusive workplace, and is committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Consistent with our Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including the vulnerable sector screen.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada for the duration of the work term. Proof of eligibility will be required.
Plan International Canada sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Plan International Canada!