Position: Program Officer
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Language: English (fluent) required; Amharic (fluent)
Status: Full time
Salary: Competitive and Commensurate with Experience
FSVC has received a grant from the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to strengthen public financial management practices in Ethiopia. Specifically, FSVC’s program will seek to improve the management of public financial resources by government officials, and promote fiscal transparency and accountability. The program will work with Parliament, the Supreme Audit Institution and the Ministry of finance in Ethiopia. This program will last 24 months.
FSVC is seeking to hire a Program Officer already based in Addis Ababa, to manage program activities in Ethiopia.
The Program Officer will:
· Manage multiple field aspects of technical assistance delivery by volunteer experts, including program and project activity design, logistical arrangements, implementation, post-project follow-up, and reporting to funders;
· Build relationships and represent FSVC with key counterpart organizations, including donors, financial sector partners, public and private sector groups, and potential technical assistance recipients to support FSVC’s programs and seek new business opportunities;
· Strengthen FSVC’s relationship with the Ethiopian Ministry of Finance, Parliament, and Supreme Audit Institution.
· Establish new relationships with Ethiopian Government institutions, commercial banks, central banks, industry associations, and the U.S. Embassy in Addis Ababa, among other relevant actors;
· Liaise closely with FSVC NY headquarters team and other field staff to ensure effective program implementation and project management;
· Pursue business development activities in Ethiopia, and contribute to proposal writing for additional program funding, including by providing information and reporting on legal and economic developments in Ethiopia, which impact FSVC’s program activities;
· Three to five years of experience in international development, particularly financial sector topics (e.g., public financial management, accounting, commercial banking);
· Experience managing the delivery of international technical assistance programs;
· Graduate degree in international development, finance/economics, business, international relations or other program-related field;
· Excellent English and Amharic speaking and writing skills and fluency;
· Excellent organizational and project management skills; and
· Ability to work independently and proactively.
By November 29, 2019, please email a one-page cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, and include “Ethiopia Program Officer” in the subject line. The writing sample should be in English, and a maximum of 5 pages, and be on a relevant topic such as international development, foreign affairs or financial sector-related topics. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.