Procurement and Logistics Manager!
We’re transforming Africa through innovative scientific training, technical advances and breakthrough discoveries!
Established in 2003 in Cape Town, South Africa, the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) is a Pan-African network of centres of excellence offering postgraduate training, research, and public engagement for the advancement of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) in Africa. Building on the success of its first Centre in South Africa, AIMS launched the Next Einstein Initiative (NEI) in 2008 to scale up and roll out the AIMS model across the continent. Five additional centres were established in Senegal (2011), Ghana (2012), Cameroon (2013), Tanzania (2014), and Rwanda (2016). Its global secretariat is situated in Kigali, Rwanda and it has global offices in United Kingdom, Germany and Canada.
AIMS vision is to lead the transformation of Africa through innovative scientific training, technical advances and breakthrough discoveries which benefit the whole of society and its mission is to enable Africa’s brightest students to flourish as independent thinkers, problem solvers and innovators capable of propelling Africa’s future scientific, educational and economic self-sufficiency.
Collectively, AIMS centres provide an intensive and broad education to over 275 African students each year and prepares them for leadership careers in academia, government and industry. The AIMS educational program relies on top international lecturers who teach in a 24-hour learning environment.
If you bring a collaborative spirit with a passion to effect change, consider this opportunity as the…
Procurement and Logistics Manager!**
Reporting to the Sr. Chief Operating Officer, AIMS Rwanda, the Procurement and Logistics Manager is responsible for overseeing the procurement aspects of AIMS Rwanda’s operations. As the Procurement and Logistics Manager, you will be instrumental in supporting Centre activities through a variety of services including quality control, expediting and material control, examining existing procedures and opportunities to streamline activities to limit costs and improve accuracy in desired outcomes. Additionally, you will be expected to conduct yourself in a manner that seamlessly aligns with the organizations values – and to protect the reputation of AIMS Rwanda.
As a Professional Procurement and Logistics Manager you will participate in negotiations for large/strategic contracts, manage relationships with key suppliers/vendors, assist with asset management and, manage and coordinate all logistics at the Centre
This highly visible role will have direct and continuous influence over the day-to-day culture of the Centre and its stakeholders and as an on-site resident, the Procurement & Logistics Manager will be expected to set an exemplary tone for the community of students, tutors and visiting lecturers.
This is a full-time opportunity based at AIMS Rwanda Centre in Kigali.
Do you have what we need?
- Candidates should be curious, collaborative and self-directed,
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Management/Procurement/Logistics/Supply Chain Management or Business related field; MBA is preferred,
- Experience: 5 years in Procurement and Logistics,
- Bilingual (English/Kinyarwanda)--must have strong language skills (speak, read and write); French language skills, an asset
- Experience handling highly confidential information in a professional manner
- Excellent computer skills,
- Demonstrated ability in supervision,
- Experience in working with donor funds,
- Working knowledge of procurement services and practices is an added advantage,
- Good planning and organizational skills,
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and suppliers,
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Be prepared to work outside of normal working hours due to the geographic spread of the Centre Programs and the 24/7 learning environment offered as academic institution.
- Self-sufficiency with MS Office, G-Suite, SharePoint and Skype
Are you ready to be a part of the transformation?
Submit your letter of motivation, including salary expectations together with a detailed CV in English to: email@example.com (i.e. quote “Procurement & Logistics Manager” in the subject line). Applications will be accepted until November 25, 2019.
Should no feedback be received from AIMS-NEI within four weeks of your submission, kindly accept that your application will not be further pursued. AIMS-NEI reserves the right not to make an appointment at its sole discretion.
AIMS-NEI is an equal opportunity employer.