Chief of Party / Country Director
Position: Chief of Party / Country Director
Location: Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Anticipated Start Date: April 2020
The Financial Services Volunteer Corps (FSVC) is seeking a Chief of Party to successfully and effectively lead the implementation of an expected 5-year, US$10 to 25 million USAID-funded program to increase government performance and legitimacy in Burkina Faso. The proposed program will 1) enhance governance of institutions and organizations, 2) improve performance of sub-national state institutions, 3) strengthen local civil society and community-based organizations, and 4) improve functioning of national resilience institutions.
FSVC is a not-for-profit organization that helps build sound financial sectors in developing countries. The premise of FSVC’s work is that sound financial infrastructure is essential to support private entrepreneurship, promote job creation, attract foreign investment and create conditions that promote lasting economic opportunity.
The anticipated program in Burkina Faso focuses on strengthening the performance of state institutions to provide services, respond to key citizen priorities, and respect citizen rights as central elements in enhancing the legitimacy of governments in the Sahel and to reduce the vulnerability of citizens to recruitment by violent extremist organizations, core areas of work for FSVC. FSVC has worked with ministries, parliaments, supreme audit institutions and civil society organizations across Africa and the Middle East to improve public financial management, government accountability and transparency. Other core areas of FSVC’s work include developing central bank capabilities, strengthening commercial banking systems, building capital markets, improving access to finance for small businesses, and combating money laundering and the financing of terrorism. FSVC has regional field offices in Albania, Jordan, Kenya, Somalia, Tunisia, Tajikistan and Niger.
Key job functions include:
· Manage all field aspects of technical assistance delivery, including activity design, execution, post-activity follow-up, and reporting to funders;
· Manage completion of all activities and deliverables in line with approved work plan;
· Oversee operations of an FSVC office in Ouagadougou;
· Develop and maintain productive relationships with key local counterparts, USAID and other relevant technical assistance providers;
· Liaise closely with FSVC HQ staff to ensure effective program implementation and management;
· Actively seek business development opportunities in Burkina Faso and the region, as needed; and
· Contribute actively to improving FSVC’s efficacy and impact.
Successful applicants will be dynamic, results-oriented team players, with outstanding execution skills and the proven ability to work both independently and in a highly collaborative environment. They will also be proactive and innovative thinkers, with the proven ability to execute new initiatives, particularly in developing countries.
· Master’s degree in a related field;
· 8 to 10 years of experience managing international development programs, particularly USAID-funded programs;
· Demonstrated experience in managing programs focused on government accountability through stronger public policy reform, civil society engagement, and public-private sector dialogue, particularly in Burkina Faso or the region;
· Excellent oral and written communication in English required;
· Professional proficiency or fluency in French; and
· Ability to lead and form constructive partnerships with and among local counterparts.
For consideration, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include “Chief of Party – Burkina Faso” in the subject line. Submission Deadline: November 29, 2019. Please note: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.