Project Manager, RISING Project, Sudan
World Vision International
World Vision is a humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 37,500 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Project Manager, RISING Project, Sudan, you will lead the project team in the implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the USAID/Food For Peace funded Recovery in Sudan for Improved Nutrition and Growth (RISING) project, ensuring that all deliverables are met and reported on timely. Provide technical input in the project’s natural resource management, food security and agriculture, and nutrition sectors. Effectively engage with relevant stakeholders including other WVS projects, World Vision US, CRS (Prime Recipient), other consortium partners, partner National NGOs, and government line ministries.
- A bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Development Studies, Social Sciences, or other related field. A lower qualification may be accepted if it is backed by extensive and relevant project management experience.
- Have at least five (5) years of experience in the inception, planning and implementation of projects in agriculture, natural resource management or related field in the humanitarian sector.
- Additional experience in livelihoods, advocacy and working with the private sector is preferable.
- Have experience in working in a consortium of several partners in the implementation of projects particularly in fragile context.
- Have good experience in the interaction with donors such as USAID, DFID, ECHO etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally in English.
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to project sites and to the Program office in Khartoum.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 25 NOV 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.