Sudan - Head of Mission
COOPI is looking for a Head of Mission in Sudan
The Head of Mission is responsible for the country coordination in its different aspects: staff, logistics, budget and procedures’ respect. He/she represents COOPI in its relations with the donors, institutions, NGOs, local government and international agencies. He/she cooperates with the Area Manager (AM) in the definition of the Country Strategy and the intervention priorities. He/she guarantees the correct project implementation and ensures the Country Regulation presence and respect. He/she guarantees the compliance with the organization and the donors’ procedures.
Duty station: Khartoum
Supervisor: Area Manager in HQ
Field of intervention: WASH, Environment and Climate Change, Food Security
Donors: EU, ECHO, AICS
- He/she manages relations with the main institutional donors and with potential ones.
- He/she represents COOPI in the country/area by engaging in relations with institutions, NGOs, local and international organizations and partners. He/she also is responsible of the organization’s reputation in the country.
Strategy and planning
- He/she verifies and proposes to the AM/DCC the intervention priorities to consolidate the organization’s opportunity to be more involved in the country.
- He/she contributes to the definition of the Country Strategy and proposes the country planning (projects and coordination).
- He/she coordinates and directly monitors projects, guaranteeing the correct implementation in conformity with the contractual obligations and donors’ procedures, and in line with COOPI’s procedures and management standards.
- He/she coordinates the elaboration, writing and documents’ preparation for presenting new projects, referring to the AM/DCC and the headquarters support offices.
- He/she is responsible for the preparation of projects reports and all the monitoring documents requested by the central headquarters. He/she ensures the transmission of all official and administrative project documents to the central headquarters.
Country office management
- He/she is responsible for all different aspects related to the country office management: economic and financial situation, local regulations, office organization charts, logistics, local and expatriate personnel management, in conformity with the organization’s guidelines.
- He/she guarantees the respect of the country’s legislation and administrative regulation.
- He/she is responsible for the local staff management.
- He/she participates and supports the AM/DCC and the Human Resources office in the selection of the expatriate staff.
- He/she coordinates and monitors the country’s expatriate staff management.
- He/she is responsible for the expatriate staff security, for the correct implementation and respect of the general security rules.
Economic and financial management
- He/she is responsible for the country’s economic result.
- He/she supervises the financial management and ensures – through the administrative function – that all financial reporting deadlines and donor/COOPI’s procedures are respected.
- He/she participates to the projects/coordination budget preparation. He/she has the signature for all COOPI’s bank accounts in the country.
- He/she cooperates with the Communication and Fund-Raising office for all communication, awareness and fund raising activities implemented in and for the country.
- Degree in Climate Change, Disaster Risk Reduction and Management, Agriculture or Sustainable Development and Sustainable Agriculture or a related field or equivalent work;
- Minimum 5 years experience in the humanitarian field and in a similar position, with a track record of success and results achieved;
- Previous experience with an international humanitarian NGO;
- Previous working experience with main donors (specifically EU);
- Experience of working within an insecure environment with responsibility for security planning, monitoring and management;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Computer literacy, with high proficiency in the use of standard office software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Valid driving license.
- Strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills;
- Strong supervisory abilities and demonstrated capacity of teamwork and of coordination with the relevant actors;
- Very good inter-personal and writing communication skills;
- Ability to organize work efficiently and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints.