VOLUNTEERING / INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY Research and Development Officer -Impact Advisor (Chiang mai)
VOLUNTEERING / INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
Research and Development Officer -Impact Advisor (Chiang mai)**
Baan Dek Foundation (BDF) is a non-profit, non-political and non-religious organization based in Bangkok & Chiang Mai. BDF supports access to essential services for more than 1,500 vulnerable children and their families living in construction sites and slums. Through specifically tailored educational programs and flexible individual support, Baan Dek Foundation protects endangered children, enables families to become self-sustainable and provides opportunities for a better future.
: Research and Development Officer -Impact Advisor (Chiang mai)**
Type of Contract
:Full-time paid volunteer position, 1-year contract (possibility of extension pending grant funding))**
: Impact and Innovation
: Chiang Mai, Thailand (with occasional work trips to Bangkok)
Expected Start Date:**
*Responsibilities of the advertised position:*
Baan Dek Foundation is currently looking for a professional and dedicated Impact Advisor who will commit to contribute to the overall goals of the Impact and Innovation Team and provide specialized support for BDF programs in the Bangkok office.
The employee will work under direct supervision of the Impact and Innovation Team Manager, and will collaborate with Directors, Program Managers and Social Workers in Chiang Mai, in addition to the other Impact Advisors based in Bangkok.
Role and responsibilities include - but are not restricted to:**
1. Key responsibilities
a. Program design and coordination in support of Program Managers
b. Research (policy, law, child development, child protection, standards etc)
c. Develop guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures
d. Support team training of field implementation staff
e. Develop monitoring tools
f. Data entry and analysis for program monitoring
g. Supporting partnerships team with statistics and narrative insight for new funding proposals and reports
h. Supporting BDF coordination between programs, partnerships, communications
Support implementation of local programs and child development activities developed by Baan Dek Foundation to support mostly migrant communities working on construction sites
Support the management team in day-to-day missions and projects
*Nationality:* Any (Thai encouraged)
Language:** Fluent spoken and written English. Thai an asset.
Education:** A degree or other education in a relevant field, such as social science, political science, international development, public health, social work, education, etc.
· Experience working with children related to development or social work.
· Research, including preferably primary research (ideal: experience using translators for interviews)
· MS Office including excel, PowerPoint / experience using professional emailing/calendar system
· Project management / coordination skills
· Creation of organizational/instructional tools considered an asset.
· Designing/managing/evaluating social development programs
· Developing educational content (supported by research / evidence base)
· Developing Monitoring & Evaluation systems and tools considered an asset.
· Experience with non-profit organizations or in the humanitarian sector considered an asset
· Understanding of child protection / safeguarding
· Experience working within standards, frameworks and building network for organization
Soft skills necessary:**
· Dynamic, creative, and demonstrates proven skills to work and engage with children.
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a multicultural team.
· Ability to use initiative, keep overall goals in mind, leading where necessary to solve problems
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Ability to influence people, even those they do not work directly with
· Ability to support change in the organization, and provide/give constructive feedback.
· Highly motivated, flexible and interested in humanitarian missions.
· Reliable and respectful of local culture.
*Working hours:* Full time - Monday to Friday (flexible schedule) and occasionally on weekend & evenings**
Salary:** compensation for accommodation, plus additional living allowance after 3 months
How to Apply:**
Please send all applications in English (CV/cover letter/2 professional references) via E-mail only to: Hat Milsted, Impact Manager, at email@example.com; and Mr. Werapong Peansupap, Director of HR and Public Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject line of the email, please write “Research and Development Officer -Impact Advisor-Chiang Mai -(Your name)”
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview in English. Baan Dek Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that selects candidates based on merit. To comply with Baan Dek Foundation Child Protection Policy, the selected candidate will be requested a copy of his/her criminal record. The successful applicant will be expected to comply with Baan Dek Foundation's Child Protection Policy.
Closing date for applications: None
More details on Baan Dek Foundation’s programs on www.baandekfoundation.org