Project Finance Officer
Fundación Educación y Cooperación – EDUCO Philippines is a local branch of a child-focused international development foundation with head office in Spain. EDUCO places child’s rights at the core of its activities and supports local civil society organizations and government units in strengthening their capacities to guarantee the realization of children’s rights.
PROJECT FINANCE OFFICER
The Project Finance Officer (PFO) reports to the Administration and Finance Manager (AFM). S/he will support the Program team in budget planning, monitoring and preparation of financial reports for all donor-funded grants. In coordination with the Project Coordinator or assigned project lead, s/he is responsible in ensuring quality of financial reports from local partner organizations. S/he recommends improvement of policies and procedures that are deemed necessary to improve the country office’s internal control system.
- Planning and Budgetary Management. Coordinate with project lead during planning, execution and monitoring of project funds; conduct regular monitoring, provide analysis, prepare regular financial reports and update on funds disbursement as per approved work plan; in coordination with AFM and project lead, initiate budget reallocation/modification when necessary, ensuring that it is accepted in writing by the donor; facilitate release of fund transfers to local partners; check expenditures to ensure accuracy of all transactions in relation to budget lines and activities; ensure timely release project related payments;
- Financial Reporting: Ensure the submission of timely financial reports and required supporting documents from local partners; review local partners’ periodic financial reports and provide comments & recommendations; work with project lead (direct implementation) for the timely preparation of financial reports and submit to the AFM and Program Manager for review;
- Proposal budget development: Support the Program Unit in budget preparation for new project proposals, ensuring compliance to donor and Educo guidelines;
- Auditing & Compliance: Ensure project audits are done in accordance with financial guidelines as per project agreement; conduct field monitoring activities for validation of selected financial transactions to ensure compliance to donors’ regulations and inform AFM of the findings; provide assistance in the preparations and conduct of Educo annual audit;
- Capacity building: Provide technical assistance and budget management coaching to Program team, and technical support to local partner finance staff;
- Assist in performing other necessary tasks assigned by AFM within Educo scope of operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, a CPA License would be an advantage;
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience as Finance Officer, ideally working with development-related projects;
- Experience on the following: preparation of financial reports and budget variance analysis; working with project teams and local partners; proposal development of projects in education, DRR, child protection and governance;
- Experience with external donor-funded project/s (USAID, DFID, JICA, KOICA, EU, DFAT, Global Affairs Canada, etc.) is an advantage;
- Capable of strict adherence to the organization’s rules, regulations and procedures;
- Above average MS Office application skills (specifically Word and Excel);
- Good facilitation and documentation skills;
- Able to establish and maintain positive rapport with colleagues and local partners
- Committed; able to share knowledge and learning experiences with colleagues; actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies new acquired skills;
- Results-oriented, organized and systematic, resourceful and creative, with attention to details
- Ability to work long hours and a team player;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and self-driven.
*We are offering:**
- A fixed-term position for one year, subject to evaluation after six (6) months; with possibility of extension after the one-year contract; To start immediately.
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
Educo has a Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct that seeks to guarantee children’s protection. As such, we are committed to doing all necessary actions to guarantee child protection including conduct of background checks and obtaining references for all candidates.
Interested candidates should send an application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line written as ‘Application for Project Finance Officer. Last Name, First Name' Applicants who are able to indicate current or last salary and expected pay will be prioritized. The vacancy on will remain open until a qualified application is received and a candidate is available. We will respond to shortlisted applicants within two (2) weeks after closing date of applications. Due to the volume of applications received, we may not be able to respond individually to all applicants.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national, ethnic or social origin, property, disability, birth or other status to apply for the post.