The Youth Connect activity is one of several activities supporting USAID’s Bridge project, devoted to addressing the development challenges at the nexus of countering violent extremism and resilience. The goal of the activity is to equip vulnerable young women and men in Niger with technical and life skills, networks, and capital for increased strategic economic opportunities. This objective supports the overall Bridge project purpose, which is to address critical unmet needs that are the main drivers of violent extremist recruitment in the Sahel: poor governance, lack of economic opportunity, and perceived exclusion from the benefits and services provided and facilitated by governments in the region.
The Finance Manager will develop and manage the project’s financial systems. S/he will be responsible for all matters related to financial management, financial reporting, and subcontracting. S/he will ensure sufficient funds are available for effective and efficient implementation of project activities and support programs. Specific areas of responsibility include financial report preparation, review, and submission to headquarters and cash flow management.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Finance Manager will report to the Deputy Chief of Party.
- Supervise and ensure day-to-day accounting operations and financial management functions are performed in compliance with internal and client’s policies and procedures;
- Ensure funds’ availability and verify that all procurement and Grants-Under-Contract actions are compliant with internal and client’s financial management guidelines;
- Ensure that all accounting data is updated, reconciled and fully supported with backup documents;
- Ensure timely processing of staff payroll, allowances and other reimbursements;
- Oversee financial and administrative functions of the execution of grants to all local IPs;
- Monitor program and operational forecasting, establish and maintain cash controls to ensure supply of adequate funds;
- Manage the project’s Accountant, ensuring h/she stays on task with assigned deliverables, build the capacity of the Accountant and conduct h/her performance review;
- Oversee the preparation of budgets, monitor, review and revise as required;
- Prepare Budget vs. Actual analysis and report variances to Deputy Chief of Party;
- Meet financial reporting requirements, ensuring that all financial reports are submitted on or before deadline;
- Produce segregated finance records such as expenses for specific locations or grants, as needed;
- Ensure accurate and smooth month and year-end closing and reporting within agreed schedules;
- Provide financial status of project expenses and budget information as requested;
- Ensure compliance with local laws, particularly on withholding taxes;
- Ensure timely deposit of withholding taxes and reporting to Federal Inland Revenue Services (FIRS);
- Alert potential non-compliance financial issues to the Deputy Chief of Party;
- Coordinate with Grants Manager to establish proper controls for grants management;
- Establish procedures and forms for requesting and issuance of advances for program needs; and
- Ensure and routinely test for maintenance of audit-ready documentation.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree is required, a master’s degree is preferred;
- At least six (6) years of general work experience and four (4) years of specific experience related to this position is required,
- Extensive experience with computerized accounting systems;
- Competent in all Microsoft Office applications, in-depth knowledge of Excel;
- Experience with U.S. government administrative compliance preferred, experience with USAID strongly preferred;
- Exposure working with international operations;
- Ability to work with and achieve results with a diverse group of personnel;
- Strong organizational and managerial skills;
- Fluency in spoken and written English is highly desired; and
- Fluency in French is required.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Please apply on our website: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/CRE1010CREAI/JobBoard/b093422a-53ee-4b40-...