The Youth Connect activity is one of several activities supporting USAID’s Bridge project, devoted to addressing the development challenges at the nexus of countering violent extremism and resilience. The goal of the activity is to equip vulnerable young women and men in Niger with technical and life skills, networks, and capital for increased strategic economic opportunities. This objective supports the overall Bridge project purpose, which is to address critical unmet needs that are the main drivers of violent extremist recruitment in the Sahel: poor governance, lack of economic opportunity, and perceived exclusion from the benefits and services provided and facilitated by governments in the region.
Creative Associates seeks a Grants Manager for an anticipated donor-funded Youth Connect activity in Niger. The Grants Manager will provide administrative and technical guidance and support to the Deputy Chief of Party of Operations and staff on the design of grant activities, guidelines, and regulations for grant mechanisms.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Grants Manager will report to the Deputy Chief of Party of Operations.
- Provide advisory assistance to grant applicants;
- Facilitate the evaluation of grant submissions for technical and budget soundness and compliance with donor regulations, recommending award actions;
- Coordinate the issuance of awards and maintain grant documentation through the development and upkeep of a grants database;
- Manage project grants using Creative’s online grants management system, the System for Managing Activities, Reporting and Tracking (SMART);
- Support grantees and colleagues in the use of SMART through training and mentoring, as needed;
- Prepare scheduled and special reports, studies and analyses regarding the grants program, as needed;
- Develop grant guidelines, processes, and procedures, training staff members on these procedures, and addressing all grant related questions; and
- Work closely with Creative Associates’ headquarters grants department, as needed.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree is required;
- Must have at least six (6) years of general work experience and four (4) years of specific experience with sub-grants management, preferably in West Africa and experience in international development;
- Strong understanding of USAID regulations and procedures pertaining to grants management, and ability to interpret and explain USAID regulations;
- Strong understanding of 2 CFR 200, ADS 302 and 303;
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects;
- Ability to analyze cost proposals and prepare reports and recommendations on grantee selection;
- Ability to analyze budget line items for compliance with budget guidelines;
- Proven records maintenance and database management skills;
- Understanding of cost-share and/or leveraging preferred;
- Fluency in spoken and written English highly desired, advanced knowledge required; and
- Fluency in French is required.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Please apply on our website: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/CRE1010CREAI/JobBoard/b093422a-53ee-4b40-...