Social and Behavior Change Integration Advisor - Kenya
The Manoff Group, Inc., a woman-owned small-business based in Washington, DC, seeks to hire a Social and Behavior Change Integration Advisor for the Mfumo Imara Lishe Endelevu (MILE) Project based in Nairobi, Kenya. MILE is a USAID-funded project being implemented by a consortium of partners led by CRS/Kenya designed to deliver a package of multi-sectoral services, by strengthening local actors, institutions and systems, to sustainably reduce persistent acute malnutrition among vulnerable sub-populations of Isiolo and Marsabit Counties. MILE will be implemented in two phases—a robust research and testing/ piloting phase in Years 1 and 2 to establish project priorities and viable, sustainable pathways to change. Promising approaches and activities will be scaled up in Years 3, 4 and 5 to help ensure positive, sustainable change as high-potential initiatives are implemented at scale and county-level systems and institutions strengthened.
With an anticipated start date of January 2020, the SBC Integration Advisor will be a responsible for providing technical leadership and guidance in SBC and the communication program that supports SBC, to strengthen diverse MILE initiatives and help ensure the project achieves its results in phases 1 and 2.
Specific duties include:
- Leading the team in defining and refining priority behavioral outcomes and their pathways to change, through formative research and strategy testing
- Designing and conducting participatory formative research in collaboration with the broader project research agenda
- Analyzing findings to identify potential intervention opportunities and using methods such as Trials of Improved Practices to test feasibility for implementation at scale.
- Designing project-wide SBC strategy, including behavioral metrics
- Designing specific communications plan to support strategy in specific ways
- Partnering appropriately with local stakeholders, institutions and government on all activities
- Identifying SBC capacity needs with local stakeholders and developing and implementing a plan to address those needs and contribute to project sustainability
- Contribute to project work-planning, review meetings, reports and documentation
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree equivalent in one of the following or related fields: Anthropology, sociology, psychology, marketing, communication, or international public health/nutrition with a specialization in behavioral science
- Eight years of relevant experience in design and implementation of evidence-based behavior and social change strategies in Kenya, ideally related to multisectoral nutrition programming, infant and young child nutrition, agriculture or food security
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing SBC studies and deep understanding of social and behavior change concepts, including the distinction between SBC and SBCC, and broad knowledge on recent developments in the field
- Strong facilitation skills, including the ability to build consensus among partners and stakeholders, with demonstrated success working with local government and NGO stakeholders
- Demonstrated capacity for strategic and tactical programming and use of creative, innovative program approaches and actions.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team with colleagues of different backgrounds, to develop new ideas and perspectives in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to articulate concepts well in writing and verbally, in English and Swahili, with proven ability to communicate effectively in diverse multi-stakeholder settings.
- Willingness to travel to the field and community levels as required.
- Proficiency in MS Office and internet applications required
- Must be Kenyan national
- Experience working in the local counties will be an added advantage
To apply, please send a CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘SBC Advisor - Kenya’ in the subject line by November 15th. Interviews will be conducted in Nairobi the week of November 11th – 15th. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The Manoff Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and provides excellent benefits and a salary commensurate with experience.