Call for Experts- Niger
Creative is preparing for USAID’s upcoming Youth Connect activity. The Youth Connect activity is one of several activities supporting USAID’s Bridge project, devoted to addressing the development challenges at the nexus of countering violent extremism and resilience. The goal of the activity is to equip vulnerable young women and men in Niger with technical and life skills, networks, and capital for increased strategic economic opportunities. This objective supports the overall Bridge project purpose, which is to address critical unmet needs that are the main drivers of violent extremist recruitment in the Sahel: poor governance, lack of economic opportunity, and perceived exclusion from the benefits and services provided and facilitated by governments in the region.
Creative seeks qualified technical experts in the following areas to serve as full-time, long-term staff:
- Youth livelihoods
- Positive Youth Development
- Soft skills development
- Youth engagement
- Social inclusion
- Financial inclusion
- MSME strengthening
- Private sector engagement
- Market systems strengthening
- Capacity building of local service providers
- Women’s economic empowerment and transforming gender norms
- Financial literacy
- Countering violent extremism/preventing violent extremism
- Youth cooperatives
- Adult literacy and numeracy
- Adolescent sexual reproductive health
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, International Development, International Relations, Business, Public Policy, Human Development, Gender Studies, Agriculture, or related field, an advanced degree is preferred;
- At least five (5) years of experience working in the technical fields listed above in Niger (preferred) or the Sahel region;
- Experience working with donor-funded programming, experience working with USAID programming is highly preferred;
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Fluency in French is required; and
- Fluency in English is preferred.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Please apply on our website: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/CRE1010CREAI/JobBoard/b093422a-53ee-4b40-...