Creative Associates seeks a Finance Manager for a USAID-funded activity providing access to quality education to children in Yemen. The Finance Manager will provide overall financial management and oversight for the project. This position will also be a liaison with the Home Office to ensure full compliance with regulations and policies with regard to implementation of effective internal controls.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Finance Manager will report to the Senior Technical Advisor.
- Administer and monitor financial systems to ensure project finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner in compliance with Creative Associates and USAID policies and regulations;
- Implement financial policies and procedures
- Establish and maintain cash controls
- Ensure security of all checkbooks and petty cash
- Establish, maintain and reconcile the general ledger
- Cash management including preparation of monthly projection to Headquarters and monitoring of cash balances
- Review and approval of financial transactions entered into Dynamics SL accounting system by the finance officers to ensure they are properly coded and recorded.
- Maintain budgets including analysis of budget versus actual and report on variances to the Chief of Party (CoP) and HQ program director.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial reports for USAID and HQ
- Maintain financial files and records
- Ensure all supporting documents are sent to HQ in a timely manner
- Ensure adherence to financial policy, budgets, and internal control measures;
- Manage payroll; draft periodic and annual reports on financial status of project expenses and budget information; support the development of documentation and written materials relating to the project; and respond to inquiries on the status of financial information;
- Assist in tracking the transfer of funds between headquarters and the field office and manage accounting and finance records of in-country expenses. The position will ensure funds availability and verify that all procurement actions are compliant with Creative’s financial management guidelines prior to payments;
- Assist the Grants Manager to manage grant disbursements and ensure compliance with USAID regulations and Creative procedures;
- Assist in managing contractual and financial systems for the project. Ensure that project meets all USAID contractual requirements and ensure compliance with USAID policies and regulations;
- Assist in financial oversight, including the maintenance and monitoring of the project budget;
- Participate in ongoing analysis, forecasting and review of project expenses.
- Track the transfer of funds between headquarters and the field office and manage accounting and finance records of in-country expenses, including developing spreadsheet programs for tracking and monitoring all financial project activities, and maintaining spreadsheets with current project expense data;
- Assist in drafting quarterly and annual financial reports on financial status of project expenses and budget information and forward to Finance and Accounting for review and approval by the Controller;
- Ensure monthly field expense reports;
- Process check requests and wire transfer requests for payments to vendors in compliance with contract requirements;
- Review and process invoices and in-field fee payments in accordance with Creative accounting procedures and contract policies;
- Maintain project financial and contractual files;
- Maintain sub-grant financial records and coordinate with the Grants Department to reconcile financial records with sub-grants awarded;
- Monitor financial compliance of sub-grantees and bring any potential non-compliance issues to the attention of the Finance & Grants Manager;
- Supervise Finance Officers, oversee cash flow and program adherence to national tax and labor laws;
- Check petty cash vouchers, receipts, and restore to established levels upon receipt of petty cash requests from Finance Assistant/s;
- Monitor payments to local partners and subcontractors and assist them in ensuring all bills submitted are correct and supported by appropriate documentation;
- Pay authorized bills to contractors, suppliers, and monthly payroll for employees; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- At least a Bachelors’ degree or professional accounting/financial qualification;
- At least three (3) years financial administration experience;
- At least two (2) years’ experience working with international organizations and/or Non-Governmental Organizations;
- Proficiency in using financial software essential;
- Understanding of budget and cost control management essential;
- USAID program experience desirable;
- Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks;
- Ability to work under own initiative or as a part of a team; and
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic.
Local National Candidates Strongly Preferred
Please apply on our website: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/CRE1010CREAI/JobBoard/b093422a-53ee-4b40-...