Creative currently seeks to hire a Procurement Coordinator for its Berlin office. The Procurement Coordinator's role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the Procurement needs in alignment with the business objectives of the project and the organization. The Procurement Coordinator provides procurement and logistics services, including but not limited to, procuring goods and services in accordance with Creative policies and standards; providing guidance, advice and support to ensure procurement processes are effective, efficient and ethical; overseeing procurement officers in the field; and providing the best possible value to Creative. Position contingent on donor funding.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the Deputy Chief of Party – Operations and manages two field procurement officers.
- Ensure that all commodities ordered meet the donor’s and beneficiary’s procurement and quality policy on product, availability, and other product’s quality consideration;
- Prepare and monitor any procurement activities including RFPs and RFQs;
- Manage the procurement process, including sourcing, bidding, and contract management for both local and remote procurements;
- Prepare purchase orders in order to order materials, goods and supplies, send them to the suppliers;
- Proactively identify issues with day-to-day ordering processes and resolve and/or communicate the issues to management in a timely manner, as needed;
- Lead the troubleshooting of vendor and/or order-related challenges and define and implement corrective action in case of irregularities;
- Ensure products are delivered in accordance with purchase order terms and conditions,
- Proactively identify procurement activities potentially impacting the project’s ability to perform its duties and advise the necessary stakeholders;
- Adhere to established procurement policies and standard operating procedures; and identify opportunities for continuous improvement;
- Perform procurement duties in a transparent and ethical manner;
- Responsible for complying with applicable contract and sponsor requirements and following all Creative policies and procedures;
- Provide mentoring and coaching to procurement officers to increase their capacity;
- Provide guidance to program staff on how to prepare Purchase Requisitions, and how to participate in Technical Evaluation Committees so that they can fulfil their roles in the procurement process;
- Manage the procurement tracker, and equipment tracker; and Perform other duties and functions as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- University level education or demonstrated equivalence in professional experience/ability;
- At least three (3) years’ experience in conducting procurement and/or supply chain under US Government Programs;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of best-practices for conducting procurement and managing inventory;
- Demonstrated supervisory and management experience;
- Demonstrated organizational capacity to handle a portfolio of high-priority procurements;
- Excellent timekeeping skills and ability to independently manage deadline-oriented tasks;
- Fluent written and oral Arabic;
- Professional level written and oral English; and
- Experience with cross-border and remote procurement/operations preferred.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.