Payroll Staff Accountant
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
General Accounting (GENACT) - Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The General Accounting/Global Treasury Department, a unit of Financial Services under the Office of the CFO contributes to realizing this purpose by: Forging smart partnerships and treating all people with dignity and respect; Applying organizational policies and regulatory compliance appropriately and consistently; Facilitating team spirit among colleagues and promoting the organization through communications; Influencing decision makers through focused, relevant communications; Continually striving to learn and share knowledge and find small ways to make the workplace more enjoyable for all; Cultivating and harvesting innovation; Contributing to the organization’s ability to think and act strategically at all times; Inspiring and spreading our desired organizational culture across the global enterprise.
Reporting to the Accounts Payable and Payroll Manager, the Payroll Staff Accountant is responsible for assuring the timely and accurate processing of payroll for domestic and expatriate employees. The Payroll Accountant will perform high level accounting and payroll duties, ensuring compliance with established procedures. S/he will support the needs of a rapidly growing company as the payroll subject matter expert and as an integral member of the Pact General Accounting team. This position also supports various Accounts Payable and General Ledger management duties. Partnering closely with Pact's Global Human Resources and Finance teams, this position works to improve efficiencies by implementing best practices while ensuring regulatory compliance and building excellent cross-functional relationships.
- Ensure timely and accurate payroll processing for both US and expatriate employees by managing and reviewing semi-monthly / monthly payrolls.
- Ensure compliance with statutory regulations, company policy, and internal SOX controls.
- Act as a business partner to the Global Human Resources team, providing guidance and support in the implementation of corporate initiatives.
- Act as the system administrator to payroll and timekeeping applications, such as PayExpert and Unanet, to ensure system performance, security and data integrity. Maintain validation tables; create ad hoc and routine reports using the report writing software. Provide ADP and Unanet system support pertaining to user access
- Manage new system implementations related to payroll process. Perform user testing
- Manage and coordinate expatriate employees’ tax and immigration related matters in both host and guest countries
- Respond to tax notices, wage orders, and governmental correspondences
- Support various internal and external audits
- Review and prepare for sign off quarterly and annual payroll tax filings
- Review and reconcile quarterly payroll tax report (941)
- Responsible for the generation and posting of payroll related journal entries, performing account reconciliations of key payroll accounts and supporting month end close activities
- Perform other AP and General ledger functions as assigned
- Ad-hoc reporting and special projects as required by senior management
- Associates degree in business related field
- Minimum of 3 years of payroll experience or comparable experience
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Budgeting
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Experience with financial management in nonprofit environments
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, including the ability to research, analyze and reconcile data
- Strong, concise written and oral communications skills;
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to details;
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and adapt to frequently changing priorities and work independently;
- Outstanding skill at working collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and third parties;
- Respect for maintaining confidentiality of sensitive data.
- Five years of experience managing the end to end payroll process, preferably for a non-profit with multiple international locations 200-500 employees
- CPP Certification desired but not required
- Experience managing expatriate payrolls and related expatriate allowances
- Knowledge of multi-state tax and wage & hour laws
- General knowledge of human resources, benefit administration and reporting principles and practices
- Working experience using a web-based payroll and HRIS application, preferably ADP
- Experience working with AP and General Ledger functions
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
Please apply here at https://careers-pactworld.icims.com/jobs/1313/payroll-staff-accountant/job