Technical Advisor - Shelter and Settlements
Job Title: Technical Advisor I - Shelter and Settlements
Reports to: Technical Advisor II -- Shelter and Settlements
Internal Title: Technical Advisor I
Department: Humanitarian Response Dept.
Job Status: Full-Time
Location: International Telecommuting
You will provide technical advice and support to a range of program design and implementation issues in the area of Shelter and Settlements in line with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines and industry best practices to Country Program (CP) teams and partners to advance the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. You will advise, support and contribute to ensuring effective, adaptive and innovative CRS' Shelter and Settlements programming are implemented in humanitarian response and recovery settings.
* Master's Degree in construction-based engineering, architecture, or construction project management
* Minimum of three years relevant work experience with progressive responsibilities, ideally with an international NGO, with minimum of two years relevant field-based experience in Shelter and Settlements.
* Knowledge of technical principles and concepts in Shelter and Settlements. General knowledge of other related disciplines to ensure proper cross-sectoral approach.
* Experience in project design and proposal development. Experience in writing content for proposals.
* Knowledge of capacity strengthening best practices.
* Experience with program monitoring and evaluation and analysis.
* Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations, and faith-based and civil society Understanding of partnership principles.
* Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information and budget management systems, knowledge-sharing networks and graphic design software and Autocad.
Required Languages -- English and ability to work in French preferred.
Travel - Must be willing and able to travel up to 50 %.
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS' processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.