Business Development Consultant, DFID
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Assignment Title: Business Development Consultant, DFID
Department/Location: Business Development
Technical Point of Contact: Business Development Manager
IBTCI is seeking a business development consultant to support its pursuits with the UK Department for International Development. The successful candidate will have familiarity with DFID. Using your technical writing, business development, and subject matter skills, the consultant will perform and support market analysis, capture efforts, and draft and finalize content of proposal, including synthesizing raw content from various sources into a cohesive and comprehensive package. Tasks could include, but not be limited to:
Scope of Work:
- Research and identify viable opportunities to pursue creating a DFID pipeline.
- Provide recommendations on communications/visibility strategies with DFID.
- Work with IBTCI staff to formulate content for technical and/or non-technical sections of the proposal.
- Provide technical insight and input across all elements of the proposal that inform the technical approach, including but not limited to appropriate levels of effort and staffing structure(s), work plan(s), execution of activities, partnering, budget, and overall responsiveness to the proposal statement of work.
- Incorporate all revisions of the technical draft(s) and prepare second draft(s) for review.
- Attend meetings, review sessions, and otherwise coordinate with IBTCI staff as required.
- Other deliverables and duties as assigned.
Serve in the above consultant capacity to support the IBTCI technical practices of Crisis, Conflict & Governance, Agriculture & Food Security & Economic, Education & Growth and Global Health and/or Business Development divisions.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience preparing DFID-funded proposals in response to training and curriculum development.
- Excellent technical writing and editing skills.
- Ability to successfully balance multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with others and work in teams, especially under pressure.
- Experience in projects that involve liaising with government institutions and private sector players/corporates/NGOs.
- Demonstrated skills and ability to coordinate with a team of professionals in the implementation of development efforts.
- Capacity to think creatively in dealing with policy and operational issues while maintaining a strong results-oriented approach.
- Proven technical writing skills and track record of creating compelling, clear, and succinct documents.
- Exceptional organizational skills and an ability to manage competing priorities under tight deadlines.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience as a lead writer on technical proposals, including experience with DFID proposals.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand and write about complex topic.
- Strong attention to detail, including grammar, punctuation, and syntax.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to prepare clear, substantive proposals, reports and briefing papers in fluent English, in a timely manner, is required.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in relevant topical area and/or English, Communications, or a technical discipline required. Master’s degree preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel is not required and/or include travel to fragile or conflict prone zones.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.