Field Coordinator Misrata/Tripoli
Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity”
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in 62 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org
From 2014 to mid of 2018, HI’s Libya mission was managed remotely from neighboring Tunisia, where all international staff was based. In 2018, a phased redeployment of international staff was launched with 50% of the international team based in Libya. Despite contextual challenges, planning continues for the redeployment of all international staff to Libya over the coming months.
HI is currently implementing a humanitarian programme from operational bases in Tripoli, Misrata and Benghazi with the following activities:
• Provision of comprehensive rehabilitation services including physical therapy and psychosocial support for persons with disabilities/injuries, distribution of assistive devices as required;
• Capacity building, technical support and donations of assistive devices and/or materials and equipment to health partners (hospitals, rehabilitation centres and local NGOs);
• Training on inclusion principles to other humanitarian actors and health workers;
• Mental health capacity building to Libya medical professionals and direct provision of mental health services for vulnerable groups across Tripoli, Misrata and Benghazi.
HI is also aiming at redeveloping a new humanitarian mine action strategy for 2020 as a continuation of work conducted in this sector since 2011.
From the summer of 2019 HI’s Libya programme is transitioning to form part of a new regional programme including Tunisia and Morocco.
Under the responsibility of and in close collaboration with the Country Manager, the Field Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the implementation of the health and protection programs across Tripoli and Misrata and ensuring internal coordination between departments (support services, operations, information management) and to ensure that activities are executed safely, compliant with applicable standards and in accordance with HI’s, donors and governmental policies and procedures.
1) REPRESENTATION & COORDINATION
You ensure HI external positioning at field level in the respect of its mandate and values, of local cultural and local legislation.
2) SECURITY MANAGEMENT
You lead HI security policy implementation at field level.
3) PROJECT MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
You ensure implementation and development of projects in your area, in line with HI’s global mandate and policies, as well as the country strategic operational framework.
4) MANAGEMENT OF SUPPORT SERVICES
You ensure that HI procedures are implemented and respected regarding logistics, human resources, administration and finance.
5) TEAM MANAGEMENT
You ensure strict application and respect of the Internal Regulation & HR procedures by your staff
You lead the provision of regular reporting on HI activities in your area to your line manager upon standard schedule and upon his/her solicitation.
• You hold a Bachelor degree in a relevant field i.e. International Relations, Humanitarian Project Management
• You have at least 3 years of professional experience in humanitarian contexts, preferably in programme management positions
• You have a previous management and representation experience (e.g. projects, administration, logistics)
• You have demonstrated security management experience in volatile contexts / Strong context and security analysis skills
• You demonstrate strong team management and capacity building skills
• You are very comfortable in external coordination and representation
• You are fluent in oral and written English
• You have strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
• You are able to work under high pressure and without constant supervision
• You are able to work in a tensed and volatile context with strict security measures
• Starting date : January 2020
• Length of the contract: 12 months
• Salary from 2757 € gross/month regarding the experience of the candidate
• Perdiem : 704,43 € in Libya/ 315,52 € in Tunisia net/month
• Hardship allowance : 500 € net/month in Libya
• Insurances : medical hearth coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
• Paid holiday : 25 days per year
• R&R : Level 3 : 5 days every 6 weeks when based in Libya
• Status : unaccompanied position
• Housing : Collective / individual taken in charge by HI