Programme Manager Boys - Addis Ababa
This is the perfect volunteer role for getting into international development (or for having a year off work without it costing a thing). In this role you will change the lives of many Ethiopian teenagers forever.
The Programme Manager Boys is to provide a structured and disciplined environment and to be a role model for our students.
In addition to student welfare, the Programme Director Boys is to work closely with the Programme Director Ethiopia to ensure the smooth running of the EEF programme overall.
- House Parent to 25 Boys aged 12 to 18
- Budget management (this is a key factor)
- Weekly reporting to Head Office in London
- Hostel maintenance management / coordination with external suppliers
- Student Selection – Playing a key part during the selection process for the scholars for the 2017/18 intake.
- Liaison with external parties – Represent EEF with external agencies in particular our partner schools
- Staff management - There is a Programme Director (from Europe) and two local cooks
- Programme Manager Boys requires male applicants only
- University Graduate aged over 25
- Previous experience in education or working with disadvantaged teenagers is a distinct advantage
- Excellent English both written and spoken
- Self-sufficient and independent individual
- Disciplined work ethic and the clear understanding of the benefit of structure and ground rules within a hostel environment
- Highly organised with excellent report writing skills and precise financial management
- A passion for education
- Start date end of January 2020
- Minimum of 12 months contract but longer term preferred
- En-suit private facilities at the Hostel.
- Live-in position with all meals included.
- One return flight to Europe included per annum.
- Small monthly expense allowance (similar to a local high school teacher's salary)
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a cover letter, outlining why you would be suitable for this role, to email@example.com. SKYPE Interviews will commence as soon as we receive applications from suitable candidates. We therefore strongly advise to apply as soon as possible.