Senior Capacity Building Specialist, USAID Malawi Learn to Perform (L2P) Activity
Senior Capacity Building Specialist, USAID Malawi Learn to Perform (L2P) Activity, Lilongwe, Malaw
The anticipated contract is to create a central platform to strengthen local capacity of USAID/Malawi’s strategic partners to advance shared development objectives and support USAID’s capacity for applying monitoring, evaluation, learning, and knowledge management practices to improve development outcomes, as well as. The objectives of this activity include:
- Higher-impact Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning (MEL) and Program Support
- Sustainable Local Capacity for development
SI is seeking a local Senior Capacity Building Specialist for the USAID Malawi Learn to Perform (L2P) Activity. The Specialist would be responsible for overseeing capacity building and training activities to build capacity of local implementing partners. This is a full-time position, based in Lilongwe.
**Please Note: This is a local position. Only Malawian citizens will be considered.
- Establish a capacity building platform to build the capacity of local organizations to partner with USAID/Malawi.
- Oversee design and delivery of training and other efforts to build the capacity of local implementing partners and government officials .
- Manage activities including certification management, training services, etc., to increase skills and capacity for local practitioners and institutions to more effectively contribute to Malawi’s development.
- Manage support to local partners and other local development actors through activities such as certification management, private sector development, business training services, IT services, etc.
- Develop a comprehensive plan that outlines key learning and knowledge management questions, stakeholders and their roles, and broad stakeholder engagement at multiple levels.
- Foster strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, serve as a convener for dialogue and learning around emerging issues, and coordinate efforts among partners.
- Assist and play a role in the production of reports, such as quarterly and annual reports, training manuals and reports arising out of its activities as required by USAID.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- Eight years of proven work experience in the field of institutional capacity building.
- Demonstrated skills in capacity building approaches, and curriculum development, especially under USAID-funded projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with host country counterparts and government officials.
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring abilities.
- Prior experience building capacity of local organizations highly encouraged.
- Fluency in English is required.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.