Senior Evaluation Specialist, USAID Malawi Learn to Perform (L2P) Activity
Senior Evaluation Specialist, USAID Malawi Learn to Perform (L2P) Activity, Lilongwe, Malawi
The anticipated contract is to create a central platform to support USAID’s capacity for applying monitoring, evaluation, learning, and knowledge management practices to improve development outcomes, as well as strengthen local capacity of USAID/Malawi’s strategic partners to advance shared development objectives. The objectives of this activity include:
- Higher-impact Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning (MEL) and Program Support
- Sustainable Local Capacity for development
SI is seeking a local Senior Evaluation Specialist for the USAID Malawi Learn to Perform (L2P) Activity. The Specialist would oversee and ensure quality of all evaluation activities requested under this project, requiring strong qualitative and quantitative skills. This is a full-time position, based in Lilongwe.
**Please Note: This is a local position. Only Malawian citizens will be considered.
- Oversee evaluation, analyses and assessments throughout the life of the activity, including data collection, design of evaluation methodologies and participatory data collection methods and protocols, as well as data quality verification techniques.
- Responsible for the design, quality development and production of all evaluation reports and any assessments, population-based surveys and studies including the testing of the development hypotheses, where feasible. This will include the design of the evaluation methodology and participatory data collection methods and protocols for both performance and impact evaluations.
- Ensure that short- and long-term evaluation team members recruited under this contract are of a high caliber and possess the required technical expertise.
- Work with Chief of Party and Monitoring Specialist, ensuring that evaluation information is shared and fully utilized through knowledge sharing and strategic learning processes to speed innovation and improve upon and bring new innovations to the Mission’s programmatic work in country.
- Support the USAID/Malawi’s staff in accessing guidance and support to the project’s evaluation services component.
- Provide support, leadership and technical expertise to overall management of the project to ensure that the project meets all its performance and reporting requirements.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Proven experience in the design, management, and implementation of evaluations, analyses and assessments.
- Proven skills in evaluation design, sampling, and quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
- Excellent data analysis skills including good command of qualitative analysis packages such as ATLAS,ti or Dedoose, and quantitative analysis packages such as SPSS, STATA, etc..
- Extensive experience drafting and finalizing evaluation reports.
- Experience providing groups of various sizes training and mentoring on evaluation- related subjects.
- Previous experience supporting USAID-funded contracts desired.
- Computer literate and possess superior oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English is required.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.