Director of Finance and Administration, USAID Malawi Learn to Perform (L2P) Activity
Director of Finance and Administration, USAID Malawi Learn to Perform (L2P) Activity, Lilongwe, Malawi
The anticipated contract is to create a central platform to support USAID’s capacity for applying monitoring, evaluation, learning, and knowledge management practices to improve development outcomes, as well as strengthen local capacity of USAID/Malawi’s strategic partners to advance shared development objectives. The objectives of this activity include:
- Higher-impact Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning (MEL) and Program Support
- Sustainable Local Capacity for development
SI is seeking a local Director of Finance and Administration for the USAID Malawi Learn to Perform (L2P) Activity to oversee all financial, contractual, operational, and administrative aspects of this multi-million dollar project. This is a full-time position, based in Lilongwe.
**Please Note: This is a local position. Only Malawian citizens will be considered.
- Manage and oversee activity finance, operations, human resources, and administration for the Malawi field office.
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations and deliverables in line with USAID regulations and SI policies and procedures.
- Establish and implement procedures for project financial management, procurement, sub-contracts, and consultant contracts to ensure transparency and good business practices.
- Work with Chief of Party to ensure that financial management and reporting is in compliance with USAID requirements.
- Manage activity start-up and support initial work planning process.
- Establish procedures for financial operations, banking, and reporting.
- Develop monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Implement other functions relevant to the position, including regular meetings with SI Headquarters Management Team.
- A Master’s level degree in public administration, business, financial management, or another relevant field required.
- Demonstrated financial management and contracts expertise with USAID-funded projects required.
- Prior experience serving in a similar capacity on a USAID-funded contract.
- Knowledge of and experience with Malawian payroll income tax calculations and health policy calculations for all full-time staff.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Computer literate and possess superior oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English (intermediate to advanced), with strong writing skills.
- Ability to conceptualize and structure monitoring activities and write reports clearly and concisely.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.