Senior Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) Specialist, USAID Malawi Learn to Perform (L2P) Activity
Senior Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) Specialist, USAID Malawi Learn to Perform (L2P) Activity, Lilongwe, Malawi
The anticipated contract is to create a central platform for the procurement of support services in order to support and facilitate USAID’s capacity for applying monitoring, evaluation and learning to improve development outcomes, as well as strengthen local capacity of USAID/Malawi’s strategic partners to advance shared development objectives. The objectives of this activity include:
- Higher-impact Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning (MEL) and Program Support
- Sustainable Local Capacity for development
SI is seeking a local Senior Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) Specialist for the USAID Malawi Learn to Perform (L2P) Activity. The Specialist would be responsible for overseeing collaboration, learning and adaptive management activities on this project. This is a full-time position, based in Lilongwe.
**Please Note: This is a local position. Only Malawian citizens will be considered.
- Facilitate strong collaboration, learning and adaptive management practices in USAID/Malawi business processes and throughout the program cycle.
- Foster strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, serves as a convener for dialogue and learning around emerging issues, assists in identifying and responding to key learning issues, and coordinates efforts amongst implementers working in common Development Objectives.
- Support the development and implementation of a learning plan that outlines key learning questions, stakeholders and their roles, and broad stakeholder engagement at multiple levels.
- Support strategic communications, including producing publications and organizing public events with partners and other stakeholders.
- Support business process re-engineering, including assisting in negotiating change management around monitoring, evaluation and learning related issues.
- Support facilitation, including facilitating processes and workshops; facilitating learning, collaboration and coordination among implementing partners and other collaborators with the greatest impact on results; producing reflections on the implications of new learning; developing product plans for adapting programs accordingly; establishing a network of key stakeholders and organize periodic, appropriate opportunities for USAID to interact with them based on strategy implementation and evidence-based experience.
- Advanced degree or higher in field related to organizational learning or development assistance such as public, business or development administration; knowledge management; political science; economics or development studies.
- Minimum of eight years of demonstrated experience in strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation, project design, learning, and knowledge management, including experience in applying learning to improve development programs and systems change for adaptive management of development organizations or agencies.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Previous experience supporting USAID-funded contracts desired.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.