Chief of Party, USAID Malawi Learn to Perform (L2P) Activity
Chief of Party, USAID Malawi Learn to Perform (L2P) Activity, Lilongwe, Malawi
The anticipated contract is to create a central platform to support USAID’s capacity for applying monitoring, evaluation, learning, and knowledge management practices to improve development outcomes, as well as strengthen local capacity of USAID/Malawi’s strategic partners to advance shared development objectives. The objectives of this activity include:
- Higher-impact Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning (MEL) and Program Support
- Sustainable Local Capacity for development
SI is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for the USAID Malawi Learn to Perform (L2P) Activity to manage the project, supervise expatriate and local staff, and oversee all technical deliverables. The position is full-time and will be based in Lilongwe.
- Serve as SI’s POC in all aspects of the Malawi L2P activity and act as the primary liaison with COR and Contracting Officer.
- Manage and oversee the project’s operations, human resources, administration, and financial and contractual accountability throughout the implementation.
- Provide oversight and supervision of the Malawi office, long- and short-term personnel, and expatriate and local staff.
- Coordinate and be ultimately responsible for all project tasks.
- Ensure quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the contract, including necessary adjustments to operations to fit the requirements of USAID.
- Oversee the design and implementation of the evaluations and other studies, capacity building approaches, learning events, knowledge management efforts and other technical tasks conducted under this contract.
- Provide technical advice and leadership on design, methodology, and tools for each activity.
- Master’s degree required; preferred in relevant subject areas.
- Prior Chief of Party experience on a USAID-funded contract of similar nature preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in international development, working in relevant technical areas.
- Minimum of eight years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the oversight and provision of technical assistance in areas such as capacity building and curriculum development, monitoring and evaluation, organizational development, CLA, knowledge management, and/or performance management.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, management and presentation skills.
- Possess experience managing similar multifaceted projects in the past, with the capacity to manage large complex projects/activities, including subcontracts and satellite offices, in a multicultural environment and in providing consulting services in helping clients analyze problems, devise and adopt solutions.
- Must have a strong background in project management to ensure adequate liaison with USAID/Malawi.
- Knowledge and understanding of USAID Evaluation Policy and ADS regulations.
- Experience working in Malawi and/or the region is desired.
- Fluency in English is required.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.