Medical Quality Supervisor
Role & Responsibilities
In the context of Medair MoSA Heath Centres Reinforcement Project in Lebanon, The medical quality supervisor engages directly with physician and SDC staff to provide technical support, training and supervision to medical doctors in SDCs clinics, ensuring quality health care and the treatment according to national treatment guidelines and other relevant international guidelines in the following SDCs: Jeb Jannine, Talia, Brital, Marj, Qabb Elias. He/she approves the requests for diagnostic tests ordered by partner SDC facilities physicians and monitor diagnostic tests prescription. He/she is reporting regularly about the activities to Medair and MoSA colleagues.
Medair’s health team in Lebanon supports Ministry of social affairs (MoSA) clinics to ensure comprehensive, affordable, quality health services for the displaced Syrian and vulnerable Host community.
In order to improve the health services including the clinic within the Ministry of public health primary health care network will benefit highly the clinic and the community it serves. There are several requirements for the SDC to join the network including quality of healthcare, outreach programs and proper structure. Take a look at Medair’s Health & Nutrition work.
Workplace & Conditions
Field based position in Zahle in the Bekaa Valley, Lebanon with occasional travel to Beirut. The position will be mostly field based with regular visits to the SDCs. Take a look at Medair’s work in Lebanon.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
January 2020. Full time, 12 months.
Key Activity Areas
- Follow-up on implementation of a basic package of primary health care components at the Social development centers (SDC) facilities; guided by the policy and guidelines of the MoPH. Areas of concern include reproductive health, child health and integrated management of childhood illnesses, nutrition, communicable disease control and management of non-communicable diseases.
- Engage directly with physicians at SDCs, review clinical guidelines and protocols and discuss patient treatment plans where needed.
- Interpret technical and operational guidelines to the SDC staff and support them in applying these guidelines to specific circumstances within the assigned area.
- Approve the requests for diagnostic tests ordered by partner SDC facilities physicians and monitor diagnostic tests prescription.
- Work closely with the field team and Monitoring and Evaluation team to analyze morbidities, service utilization, and care seeking behaviour.
- Monitor early warning systems for outbreaks and investigate emergence of communicable diseases.
- Work closely with the pharmacists and field teams to monitor medication prescription and promote rational use of medications. Provide regular consultations at the SDC when off-Quality-duty.
- Perform regular visits to supported facilities according to a schedule developed in collaboration with the health Area Manager and Senior Health Officer(s).
- Monitor the quality of services at health facilities and identify gaps and problems.
- In collaboration with the facility staff and MEDAIR health staff, identify goals and develop quality improvement plans for the clinic.
- Track the performance of health facilities towards meeting a set of quality improvement indicators.
- Provide feedback on and input into MEDAIR’s quality improvement activities and reporting tools.
Coordination and Representation
- Build strong relations with partner health facilities and physicians by conducting regular visits and offering technical support and mentoring to achieve quality improvement.
- Take part in relevant meetings in assigned area including but not limited to health staff meetings, health coordination meetings, and meetings with specific implementing partners.
- Provides advice and support to aid in development of staff at MEDAIR’s partner SDCs, including in-services training.
- Adhere to all of MEDAIR’s policies and procedures, including Code of Conduct and Standard Operating Procedures. Perform other tasks as requested by the Health project manager.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- University studies in Medical doctorate (general practioner, paediatrician, OBGYN, internal medicine).
- Strong working knowledge of Arabic, French, and/or English (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
- Experience in reporting. NGO experience a plus.
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook, Access & XLS format, Generally Tech Savvy. Knowledge of Computer Programming packages desirable.
- Health project management experience. Commitment to best practice and ability to problem solve.
- Ability to translate between spoken and written Arabic and English.
- Able to take initiative in project planning, organisation and execution.
- Capacity to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Ability to adapt communication strategies for different situations.
- Creative, Flexible and open-minded in all matters. Team-player with good inter-personal skills, willing to share tasks and delegate. Encouraging, supportive. Aptitude for community mobilisation and engagement.
- Enjoys a challenge and works hard to achieve objectives.
- Passionate about serving the poor. Self-motivated and Enthusiastic.
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
b) Medair is committed to safeguarding the protection of beneficiaries, volunteers, staff and partners, and particularly children. Therefore, we do not employ staff whose background we understand to be unsuitable for working with children. Medair staff are required to give the utmost respect to, and comply with, Medair’s accountability policies and best practices.
c) Key Profiles & Benefits Package provided for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
d) Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC) (which forms part of the recruitment selection process for field positions).
To apply, go to this vacancy on our Medair page.
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.