France: Investigation Officer – Paris (ACTED HQ)
OPEN END | ASAP
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries.
In ACTED HQ in Paris, some 60 people are dedicated to provide operational support to the projects implemented in our coutries of intervention.
You will be in charge of
As part of the Investigation Unit, a new position of Investigation Officer has been created. The person will be in charge, under the ACTED Transparency, Compliance and Investigation Direction, of the following:
- The Investigation Officer will assist Management in monitoring ACTED’s transparency hotline and other mechanisms for identifying and reporting potential fraud, waste, abuse, or mismanagement regarding programs and operations.
- The Investigation Officer will contribute to the planning, organization, conduct and management of investigations of cases of alleged fraud, misconduct, or violations of ACTED’s code of conduct in accordance with appropriate professional standards and ACTED’s relevant policies.
- The Investigation Officer will check that lessons learned from investigations are effectively shared internally and that all necessary remediating actions are taken.
Under the supervision of the ACTED Transparency, Compliance and Investigation Direction:
- Assist Management in monitoring the transparency hotline and maintaining a comprehensive consolidated register of all allegations of fraud, misconduct, or violations of ACTED’s code of conduct (25%).
- Assist Management in planning, supporting and performing investigations of allegations of fraud or misconduct in accordance with ACTED Anti-fraud policy, ACTED Anti-Terrorism and Anti-Money Laundering Policy and ACTED Conflict of interest policy and applicable professional standards. Includes investigation scoping, planning, fieldwork (document analysis, interviews, field visits, oversight of staff, etc.), reports of findings and recommendations, and verbal and written communications with relevant ACTED management related to findings and necessary corrective actions (30%).
- Verify the process implementation of the third party anti-terrorism screening process consisting in checking the references of third parties with whom ACTED has a contractual relationship in order to ensure that these persons do not appear on the lists of fight against terrorism. Investigate in case of suspected hits (20%)
- Ensure that fraud risks and lessons learned from investigations are shared internally and incorporated into ACTED policies and procedures (5%).
- Develop and deliver fraud awareness training: provide training sessions on ACTED policies and procedures related fraud prevention and detection, investigation mechanisms, or conduct in the event of corruption (10%).
- Prepare of reports and presentations to Management on the performance and effectiveness of investigations and hotlines (5%).
- Assist Management in developing ACTED protocols (including policies, procedures, timelines, roles and responsibilities) for communicating the use of the whistleblower hotline and appropriately conducting investigations while respecting the principles of confidentiality, objectivity and impartiality (5%).
Expected skills and qualifications
- Advanced university degree in Law, Criminology, Audit, Accounting, Compliance, Investigation, Operations / supply chain or other related fields, or a first level degree with additional years of experience.
- Formal training and/or certification in various law enforcement methodologies/fraud examination or investigation.
- Years of related experience: two years of specialized experience at the level similar, related, or relevant to the work of this job that has given you particular knowledge, skills, and abilities required to successfully perform.
- Previous experience in working in developing countries, is required.
- Previous experience in conducting investigations with governmental organization or an international organization (ie NGO) or an international financing institution, is a strong advantage.
- Previous experience of monitoring a whistleblower hotline, investigating of internal fraud, references of third parties, conflict of interests, abuse cases is an asset.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to apply good judgment and strategic thinking in the context of internal investigations.
- Excellent English communication skills, including both interpersonal communications and professional/technical writing.
- Experience managing multiple projects and providing direction to team.
- Knowledge in theories, concepts and approaches relevant to investigations
- Proficient in Microsoft office technology, with strong Excel data analysis skills.
- Outstanding personal and professional integrity.
- Result oriented, strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Quick learner, highly flexible and adaptive.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, particularly in cross-cultural environments
- Collaborative workstyle and approach to supporting country management, as they initiate investigation follow-up.
- Fluency in French and English language.
- Knowledge of Arabic is a strong asset.
- Net monthly salary: 1600 – 1700 euros
- Restaurant vouchers
- 50% coverage of transportation costs
- Medical insurance
Join our teams! Apply by email (email@example.com) with Ref: InvO/HQ
WARNING – ACTED’s recruitment processes are in no way subject to the payment of any fees (i.e. visa fees, etc…). Never apply for job offers claiming to be from ACTED which require any form of payment as these are likely fraudulent.