Statistician / Public Sector Performance Analyst Provincial Road Map Analysis USAID/Indonesia
Statistician / Public Sector Performance Analyst
Provincial Road Map Analysis
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
This assignment will be managed under MSI's USAID/Indonesia Jakarta-based Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project (MESP). All work will take place in Jakarta, and the assignment is expected to begin in early November and last for approximately four to five weeks.
**Please note: Only Indonesian citizens are eligible for this position
Analyze publicly available development statistics and indices in the areas of economic, political and social development for select Indonesian provinces. The analysis will be used to produce provincial profiles on the socio-economic development status of the provinces. These profiles will be used to review development achievements and challenges, and to guide strategic development investments.
The main task for this assignment is to develop a methodology, including selecting appropriate data and measures, for producing the provincial profiles. This will require reviewing publicly available data in a variety of sectors and selecting the most appropriate measures. This task will require providing an explanation and rationale for the measures selected as well as documenting data limitations and weaknesses.
- Inventory and review statistical reports from the Government of Indonesia and other organizations, such as research institutes and NGOs, to select the most appropriate measures and indices to track economic and social development progress.
- Produce socio-economic profiles of select Indonesian provinces as based on available public information in a range of key development sectors, including economic growth, economic and rights equity, education, health, environment and democracy.
- Develop a user guide that explains why particular indicators were selected, what they most accurately measure, and any data limitations associated with the information.
- Familiarity with Government of Indonesia public sector development statistics, surveys and indices.
- Knowledge of the work, publications and data collection processes used by Statistics Indonesia (BPS - Badan Pusat Statistik) is highly advantageous.
- Skills and experience in social science research, surveys, analyzing data and interpreting and processing statistics.
- Minimum 10 years of experience work with public sector statistics and analysis.
- Understanding of data analysis, data collection and survey methodologies and data limitations.
- Degree in statistics or economics is required, with an advanced degree preferred.
- Excellent English language skills.
How to apply:
Application should include: 1) A complete CV or Resume; 2) Three references with complete contact information; 3) Cover letter outlining ideas to achieve position objectives, and 4) One sample of prior work that relevant to the position tasks. Incomplete submissions will not be processed.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.