SENIOR DIRECTOR - CARE SOCIAL VENTURES
CARE Social Ventures Corporation aims to be the global leader in helping transition aid based efforts fighting global poverty into social businesses. We are seeking a new executive leader to continue our rapid growth. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in brand management, general P&L management or management consulting and is ready to put their experience to work toward ending global poverty. By 2030, we expect to impact the lives of over 10 million people in Africa, Asia and Latin America living below the $4/day global poverty line through the businesses we help create and support. We do this by helping organizations assess which grant-based programs are viable candidates to be converted into social businesses. Then we help hire, place and support senior leadership teams and boards of directors of each social business, as they transition legally, financially and operationally from an aid based program to a financially sustainable social business.
- Working with leaders across CARE's 93 countries to determine new business opportunities
- Primary ownership of the long-term vision for the organization.
- Creating and guiding short-term and long-term strategic direction for the enterprise
- Determine staffing needs and organizational structure
- Building a network of relationships outside of CARE
- Support Business Development staff as well as portfolio companies to raise the grants, debt and equity needed to grow
- Helping teams inside of CARE to fund and launch new business concepts
- Bachelor's degree and MBA or equivalent
- Fluent in English
- 15+ years experience in P&L management or equivalent
- General management responsibility for multiple businesses with strong revenue and profit growth track records
- Proven track record of success building and leading high performing teams
- Demonstrated ability to drive both financial while driving social results a plus
- Strong working knowledge of entrepreneurship in developing countries a plus
- Early-stage startup leadership or social enterprise experience a plus
- Strong service orientation, with a track record of success in client-facing roles
- Proven track record of success in raising philanthropic and/or commercial funds a plus
Please directly apply in our website at:
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.