Program Associate | Eurasia Foundation
Title: Program Associate
Date Posted: October 23, 2019
Application Deadline: November 23, 2019
Location: Washington, DC Office
Under the supervision of Senior Program Officer, the Program Associate will play a key role in supporting the administration and monitoring the progress of the Foundation’s exchange portfolio. He/she will provide oversight of the assigned program components; support selection and placement of the participants and contribute to the implementation of a variety of other projects and special initiatives.
- Work closely with the Senior Program Officer and Director of the department to ensure that program activities are implemented on schedule and in line with Eurasia Foundation’s rules and regulations;
- Regularly communicate with students to monitor their progress and act as a liaison for questions and troubleshooting;
- Liaise with host institutions, ensuring prompt and professional follow-up;
- Assist with program orientations and workshops by preparing material, organizing logistics, and assisting with sessions;
- Contribute to writing a variety of technical documents, including semi-annual reports, program materials etc.;
- Make timely payments, including monthly stipends, tuition and fees, and book allowances;
- Conduct credit card reconciliation process;
- Contribute to the preparation of strategies and written materials for outreach efforts;
- Contribute to coordinating activities related to outreach.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as development, political science, international affairs, or management required; Master’s degree preferred;
Deep understanding of and interest in civil society development work and current global events, particularly in the Eurasia region, required;
Creative thinking, comfort speaking in front of large groups, and a strong interest in peer networking required;
Native-level written and spoken English required; knowledge of Russian is preferred;
Exceptional analytical, organizational, written and oral communication skills required;
Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks at once required;
Experience managing budgets required;
At least one years of backstopping or managing US Government-funded projects required.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "PA-YEAR" in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.