Finance and Procurement Manager - FINAN01472-00001
Who We Are
Peace is our commitment. The United States Institute of Peace represents the American people’s shared values and commitment to peace around the world. We know that Peace is Security – it advances both U.S. and international security by preventing, managing and mitigating violent conflict.
We are an independent, non-partisan institution and are actively engaged with peacebuilding efforts around the world. Together we tackle the toughest problems and hold fast to the possibility of a more peaceful world. (To learn more about USIP programs and job openings, go to https://www.usip.org/about/careers.
If you have a passion for making the world a better place and want to have a front row seat to the world stage, USIP is the place for you.
USIP seeks a Finance and Procurement Manager to be based in Islamabad and provide day to day support in finance and procurement functions. This position will work closely with the USIP Islamabad team as well as USIP colleagues in Washington DC Headquarters (USIP HQ) and reports to the Senior Program Manager in Asia Center.
- Manage USIP’s Islamabad Office finances, which includes working remotely (online) with USIP HQ to systematically record and track all office expenses and related budgetary matters.
- Prepare monthly reporting on all cash flow and Islamabad Office accounting, which may include reconciliation reports as requested by USIP HQ.
- Prepare regular international fund transfer requests in coordination with USIP HQ and Country Representative.
- Process and disburse local travel vouchers for Islamabad office staff.
- Develop annual budget forecasting for Islamabad Office fixed costs as requested.
- Ensure compliance with USIP finance, procurement, and operations policies as well as Government of Pakistan tax rules and regulations.
- Ensure that goods and services are contracted for in accordance with federal rules and institute policies and procedures.
- Manage USIP’s Islamabad Office procurement process, which includes working closely with the Islamabad Office program team and remotely (online) with USIP HQ to compete contract opportunities, submit contract requests including new contracts, modifications, and responding to a wide range of contract inquiries.
- In close coordination with the Islamabad Office program team, review budget submissions by prospective implementing partners and other vendors to provide input on the budget and ensure it is accurate and reflects proposed scope of work and deliverables.
- Assist Islamabad Office program team with writing or reviewing scopes of work based on prospective partner and vendor’s proposals.
- Develop financial benchmark guidelines for recurring expenses so that the budgets submitted by prospective implementing partners can be evaluated for costs.
- Oversee and analyze partners monthly and quarterly financial and progress reports to ensure and verify that deliverables are being met according to cost and schedule outlined in the contract.
- Work with local partners to complete the partner assessment form, and where necessary visit local partner offices to support the partner in completing the partner assessment form and addressing any questions they have.
- As necessary, visit prospective local implementing partner offices to verify information submitted in the partner assessment form is factual and verify their financial and procurement processes.
- Ensure local partners meet established Pakistan government requirements, including but not limited to registration, sound financial and procurement policies and procedures.
- Manage and Maintain Islamabad Office inventory list of office supplies, equipment, and furniture in accordance with USIP inventory policy.
- Serve as the focal point for the Islamabad Office in ensuring knowledge management and record retention is carried out, this includes collecting and archiving all partner documents amongst other key documents on SharePoint.
- Work closely with USIP’s host partner in country to manage USIP’s lease agreement and day to day administrative and financial coordination.
Perform other duties as assigned.
In order to be considered for the position, candidates must be a Pakistani national and meet the selection criteria listed below. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how prior experience and/or training address the following selection factors through a Cover Letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or any other related fields. Certification in utilizing financial management systems such as Quick base, Quick Books, and excel.
- Advanced accounting and/or procurement/acquisition qualifications are strongly preferred.
- Four years of financial management and/or procurement.
- Experience in an international organization and/or US government funded organization is a plus.
- Strong understanding of procurement policies and procedures, including understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (oral and written), ability to liaise with internal staff, external partners, and vendors.
- In addition to fluency in Urdu, fluency in English is required; applicants with language abilities should indicate their fluency levels.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
Performs other duties as assigned.
All USIP contract and employee positions are contingent upon the favorable completion of a suitability background investigation.
Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this position, please submit a complete application package consisting of:
- Completed employment application including titles, dates of hire and salary history.
- Cover letter
For questions about this position please email email@example.com. Do not send resumes or attachments to this email address.
Only those applicants that are selected for further discussions will be contacted.
No Phone Calls. Interviews will be scheduled by appointment only.
USIP is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy and practice of USIP to offer equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, age, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, political affiliations or belief, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this position, please use the following URL: