Learning Specialist, USAID Nepal Monitoring & Evaluation Support Project
Learning Specialist, USAID Nepal Monitoring & Evaluation Support Project, Kathmandu, Nepal
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI is preparing to bid on the USAID/Nepal Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project. The project anticipates providing a wide range of services to USAID to enable it to effectively monitor program performance; evaluate the performance and results of USAID/Nepal programs; and learn and adapt for improved effectiveness. This contract will result in strengthened Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) systems at USAID/Nepal and enhanced MEL capacity of local entities to improve accountability and increase the use of evidence for programming, learning and adapting. This is a 5-year project scheduled to begin in April 2020.
MSI is seeking a Learning Specialist with experience in international development projects. The ideal candidate will have at least 8 years of experience working in a field related to organizational learning. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate not only learning agenda tasks they have performed, but also highlight learning outcomes achieved at each job posting. MSI expects that all candidates have familiarity with gender and social inclusion, including experience ensuring that they are appropriately addressed in development projects and data collection efforts. The position will be based in Kathmandu.
- Facilitate strong collaboration, learning and adaptive management practices in USAID/Nepal business processes and throughout the program cycle.
- Work with USAID, implementing partners and other stakeholders to establish a learning agenda that works to inform M&E needs. Be the primary point of contact for said agenda, including advocating its use in strategy sessions, ensuring dissemination of findings related to learning agenda priorities, and enabling periodic updates as appropriate.
- Foster strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, serves as a convener and facilitator for dialogue and learning around emerging issues, assists in identifying and responding to key learning issues, and coordinate efforts amongst implementing partners
- Support the development and researching of a learning plan that outlines key learning questions, stakeholders and their roles, and broad stakeholder engagement at multiple levels.
- Establish a network of key stakeholders/learning partners and organize periodic, appropriate opportunities for USAID to interact with them based on strategy implementation and evidence-based experience.
- Masters degree in a field related to organizational learning, social science research or development assistance preferred. Bachelors degree required.
- 8 years of direct experience working on monitoring and evaluation, learning or knowledge management required, including experience in applying learning to improve development programs.
- Experience with USAID preferred.
- Fluency in English with excellent written and oral communications skills.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.