Deputy Chief of Party - Technical/ Women in the Economy II, Afghanistan
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev), headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Deputy Chief of Party - Technical (DCOP - Technical) position on a USAID funded program in Afghanistan.
The purpose of the anticipated activity Women in the Economy II is to build upon USAID’s previous economic growth projects particularly the lessons learned from Promote - Women in Economy’s. This project will provide a comprehensive approach to women’s entry into the economy and create the necessary conditions for achieving and maintaining peace.
Working under the overall direction of the Chief of Party (COP) and in coordination and collaboration with project administrative, financial and contracts staff, the DCOP - Technical will have the primary responsibility of ensuring the timely provision and delivery of all required project technical deliverables to support the execution of the project.
The successful candidate will demonstrate effective management experience and proven experience managing complex programs in Afghanistan. Additionally, she/he should possess:
* Advanced degree in gender studies, business, or economic development preferred or other relevant discipline. Significant additional work experience in lieu of a master’s degree will be considered;
* At least 8 years of professional experience with projects related to relevant activity themes such as gender integration, youth empowerment, market systems strengthening, public-private partnership. Direct experience working and managing programs in Afghanistan strongly preferred;
* At least 3-5 years of progressively responsible supervisory experience;
* Proven ability to maintain productive working relationships with women rights organizations, government officials, market actors, and community stakeholders;
* Knowledge of relevant regulations and procedures as well as work experience in post-conflict countries;
* Fluency in English required. Proficiency in Dari and Pashtu required;
* Afghan nationals and especially women are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Apply online at: http://bit.ly/32GKfmQ
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability. **