Business Operations Analyst, Arlington, VA
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
The Business Operations Analyst supports the Business Operations and Security Services division in promoting operational and technical excellence to support business process improvement efforts to improve processes in order to meet organization-level strategic goals.
The Business Operations Analyst will coordinate, and where necessary, help to execute a variety of cross-cutting technology-driven business solutions.
The successful candidate will be a technology-savvy team player who supports colleagues by taking the initiative to find, fix, improve, or optimize business processes. The Business Operations Analyst will need to be an effective internal change agent to support and/or lead initiatives to achieve operational excellence. The Business Operations Analyst reports to the Deputy Director of the Business Operations division.
Enhancing the Integration of Knowledge Management Systems (40%)
- Enhances the integration of new and existing knowledge management systems such as SharePoint and the company’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Assists in developing and revamping internal document management systems, workflows, and information flows, including the company’s corporate and programmatic documents in SharePoint, resource management workflows, and others.
- Promotes a culture of strategic learning and knowledge sharing internally.
Business Process Optimization (30%)
- Works with the Director of Business Operations to identify, define, record, and communicate user and functional requirements for necessary software, data storage, and retention, and workflow and business process changes.
- Prepares and maintains documentation, including standard operating procedures, system specifications, and technical documentation. Supports the review, update, and dissemination of these documents as and when necessary.
- Assumes lead responsibility in maintaining SI’s HQ-focused policies and procedures on an ongoing basis. This involves facilitating review and updating of existing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and, in conjunction with the broader corporate operations team, identifying the need for and developing new SOPs to reflect the growing needs of Social Impact.
- Serves as the first point of contact for questions related to operations SOPs; plays a critical coordination and management role to ensure follow-through; ensures completion and maintenance of SOPs; and exercises good judgment to raise relevant issues to senior management for follow-up attention/action.
- Identifies and reports on common sources of technical and business process issues to the Director of Business Operations.
Planning and Reporting Support (20%)
- Conducts business case planning and makes recommendations on the acquisition of new software applications or devises innovative ways to apply existing system resources to overcome challenges.
- Performs analysis to support a variety of planning and performance management tasks. This may include gathering data from different divisions of the company (utilizing internal trackers, the ERP system, survey tools like Survey Monkey, etc.), organizing and analyzing the data, and then developing recommendations/options for consideration by the COO.
- Analyzes key performance indicators for SI’s strategic initiatives.
- Works with the Director of Business Operations to prepare the Corporate Balanced Scorecard on a quarterly basis and submit a report to senior leadership for review and onward corporate dissemination. Prepares and presents corporate data for senior leadership on a variety of operations topics.
Administrative and Analytics Support (10%)
- Works with the IT division and the Director of Business Operations to identify SI’s hardware and software needs and initiates procurement;
- Supports the Director of Business Operations to track procurements against purchases by conducting a regular budget variance analysis;
- Oversees the preparation, submission, and tracking of all invoices associated with the division’s procurement of software and hardware for the company;
- Master’s degree in a related field (Business Management, Business Analytics, Knowledge Management, International Development, International Relations, Public Policy) or substantial relevant coursework.
- A minimum of one (1) year of professional experience in business operations, data analytics, or managing knowledge systems; management consulting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of document management systems, specifically SharePoint, and other content management systems required.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple concurrent projects with varying schedules for different end-users.
- Able to handle confidential information with the utmost discretion.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong decision-making ability and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of business analysis, quality assurance, and workflow tools and/or practices.
- Excellent writing, communication, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse set of staff in various functional areas and at different levels.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with the use of MS O365 suite of applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and MS Teams; Business Analytics software such as Power BI, Sisense, and Tableau; and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of MS Power Apps Platform and Flow is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated bias toward action.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To apply, please visit our website: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA...
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.