Sudan and South Sudan Business Development Advisor
iMMAP is an international not-for-profit non-governmental organization (NGO) that provides targeted information management support to partners responding to complex humanitarian and development challenges. We promote measurable change in people’s lives through our core philosophy: better data leads to better decisions and, ultimately, better outcomes. Our expertise in data collection, analysis and presentation revolutionizes the decision-making process for our diverse, multi-sectoral partners who seek enhanced coordination and sustainable solutions through information management.
The Africa Business Development Advisor will work closely with iMMAP’s business development team. iMMAP’s business development team is responsible for ensuring iMMAP meets its annual revenue goals and leads our development strategy – identifying and developing opportunities, reviewing current partnerships, and creating and maintaining the appropriate level of investment in iMMAP’s work. The team also develops resources to support funder investment in our work. The Africa Business Development (BD) Advisor will facilitate iMMAP’s expansion and renewal efforts by researching prospects, monitoring opportunities, leading and serving as the project manager for proposal teams and writing and editing proposals.
- Establish and develop relationship with all donors and partners present in Sudan and South Sudan in the humanitarian and aid development sector.
- Support country office BD activities in Sudan and South Sudan.
- Track procurement opportunities including but not limited to Government of Sudan and South Sudan, US federal government, European institutions, UN Agencies, and international NGOs and Banks of development. The Africa Business Development Advisor will provide these same services for countries surroundings Sudan and South Sudan if need be (Lake Chad region, Ethiopia).
- Provide guidance on or participate in pre-bid intelligence gathering efforts;
- Actively participate in all proposal development initiatives with the support of iMMAP HQ (OFDA/FFP, UNDP stabilization fund, UNDP crisis unit fund, GIS, ECHO, DFID…).
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field such as Geographic Information Systems, Cartography, Information Management Sciences, Social Sciences, Business Development or International Development;
- Minimum 10 years of related work experience;
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills, French and or Arabic will be an asset.
- Very good knowledge of the Sudan context (Donors and Partners of the humanitarian and aid development sector)
- Proven ability and experience in interacting with a wide range of government and humanitarian organizations;
- Understanding complex concepts and the ability to articulate funder needs to iMMAP’s Senior Staff and internal reviewers;
- Demonstrated ability to follow up with and to write proposals and develop new projects
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage a complex workload and handle pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Please apply through www.immap.eu