Project Assistant - PROJE01466-00001
Who We Are
Peace is our commitment. The United States Institute of Peace represents the American people’s shared values and commitment to peace around the world. We know that Peace is Security – it advances both U.S. and international security by preventing, managing and mitigating violent conflict.
We are an independent, non-partisan institution and are actively engaged with peacebuilding efforts around the world. Together we tackle the toughest problems and hold fast to the possibility of a more peaceful world. (To learn more about USIP programs and job openings, go to https://www.usip.org/about/careers.
If you have a passion for making the world a better place and want to have a front row seat to the world stage, USIP is the place for you.
The Project Assistant, based in Baghdad, provides technical, administrative and logistical support to USIP’s Preventing Radicalization of Displaced and Women and Youth in Iraq and Tribal Reconciliation and Rule of Law Support in Anbar and Basra projects. The tasks include coordinating meetings and events as needed and in close coordination with USIP’s strategic partner, Sanad for Peacebuilding, and USIP’s Regional Hub based in Tunisia accordingly. The project assistant is under the supervision of the Project Officer.
This position is for national hires only.
This is a Fixed-Time Term Personal Services Contractor position.
- Provides support on the drafting of concept notes, proposals, and quarterly and monthly program monitoring reports.
- Under supervision and with guidance, creates draft budgets of activities and monitors project expenditures using Excel, in coordination with relevant accounting staff.
- Contributes to research and monitors political developments on Iraq.
- Monitors social media on topics related to conflict, stabilization and reconciliation in Iraq.
- Attends events and meetings as needed and provides written summaries of each.
- Travels occasionally and as needed to other parts of the country, including Basra, Erbil and Suleimaniyah to assist in meetings and events held. Other travel is anticipated to Tunis for USIP regional events, such as the annual team retreat.
- Provides document translation from Arabic to English and English to Arabic. Also provides simultaneous verbal translation from Arabic to English and English to Arabic as required
- Fulfills other duties as needed and required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 2 years of experience in high operational tempo environment.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Good research skills and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written English language skills required.
- Working hours: Full time (40 hours/week)
- Location: Baghdad, Iraq
- Salary: Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Starting date: ASAP
All USIP contract and employee positions are contingent upon the favorable completion of a suitability background investigation.
Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this position, please submit a complete application package consisting of:
- Completed employment application including titles, dates of hire and salary history.
- Cover letter
For questions about this position please email email@example.com. Do not send resumes or attachments to this email address.
Only those applicants that are selected for further discussions will be contacted.
No Phone Calls. Interviews will be scheduled by appointment only.
USIP is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy and practice of USIP to offer equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, age, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, political affiliations or belief, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this position, please use the following URL: