Technical Specialists – District Governance Strengthening Activity, Zambia
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Chief of Party position on a USAID funded program Zambia.
The overall scope of this activity is to help Zambian citizens and their government service providers build a durable system that responds to local needs, supports stronger USAID results and increases country ownership of national poverty reduction.
The project’s goals are to build capacity of citizen-responsive governance structures to assess service-delivery needs and performance, and constructively engage with government, develop the capacity of sub-national governance system to respond to citizen needs and improve service delivery, and support Zambia’s commitment to open government.
We are seeking professional with proven experience in one (or more) of the following areas:
Areas of Technical Expertise Include:
* Institutional Strengthening
* Local Governance and Decentralization Policy Framework
* Service Delivery in Health and Nutrition, and Education
* Natural Resource Management
* Gender and Youth Inclusion
* Training/Capacity Building
* Civil Society Outreach and Engagement
* Public Private Sector Partnerships
* Project Monitoring and Evaluation
* Citizen/civic engagement, and community advocacy
* Bachelor’s Degree or higher from recognized institution;
* Minimum of 5 years of experience within the technical areas of interest;
* Experience working in Africa, preferably Southern Africa;
* USAID experience preferred;
* English language fluency (oral and written) is required;
* Zambian Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter/Letter of Application explaining qualifications for position;
* CV/Resume in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/TechSpecZambiaDIGS
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.