Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist – District Governance Strengthening Activity, Zambia
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Chief of Party position on a USAID funded program Zambia.
The overall scope of this activity is to help Zambian citizens and their government service providers build a durable system that responds to local needs, supports stronger USAID results and increases country ownership of national poverty reduction.
Position Description/Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist will manage all Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) activities of the project. The M&E Specialist will ensure the quality, integrity and security of project-generated data. The M&E Specialist will lead formulation, and implementation and updates of the projects MEL Plan in collaboration with project leadership and the client. The M&E Specialist will be responsible for ensuring successful Data Quality Assessment(s), evaluations, other audits and the timeliness of all project deliverables.
* Collaborate with the Chief of Party, the Deputy Chief of Party and technical team members on annual planning, definition of outputs, outcomes and results and coordinate the preparation of quarterly and annual reports;
* Ensure compliance with Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan (MELP) and rigorous review and update the MELP each year;
* Ensure data quality, rigor and relevance for all approved indicators and preparation/validation of detailed indicator reference sheets;
* Support formulation and implementation of project-level learning and adaption efforts;
* Support creative and high-quality project communications;
* Support staff, partners and grantees in collecting reporting, and verifying that data and indicators meet Tetra Tech and USAID quality standards.
* Bachelor’s Degree in related field, Master’s Degree highly preferred;
* At least 5 years of leadership of M&E tasks and teams;
* Demonstrated ability to make recommendations and provide guidance to senior management through holistic analysis;
* Experience with organization development, performance management strongly preferred;
* Experience in M&E with donor funded projects; USAID funded project preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to generate creative and impactful data displays preferred;
* English language fluency (oral and written) is required;
* Zambian Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter/Letter of Application explaining qualifications for position;
* CV/Resume in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/MELZambiaDIGS
that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.