Director of Administration and Finance – District Governance Strengthening Activity, Zambia
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Chief of Party position on a USAID funded program Zambia.
The overall scope of this activity is to help Zambian citizens and their government service providers build a durable system that responds to local needs, supports stronger USAID results and increases country ownership of national poverty reduction.
The Director of Administration and Finance (DAF) will work under the direction of the Chief of Party. The DAF will be responsible for the project’s administrative and financial management, human resources, and procurement, while ensuring compliance with USAID regulations, local laws, and Tetra Tech rules and regulations.
* Provide guidance to all staff for complying with the budgetary regulations of Tetra Tech and USAID;
* Manage Financial Accounting System including managing cash flow, tracking expenditures and preparing monthly financial reports in compliance with USAID and Tetra Tech requirements and regulations;
* Provide financial and budgetary information to the Home Office for USAID as needed;
* Provide guidance and organize training, as necessary, for staff on relevant USAID, Tetra Tech and Government of Zambia rules and regulations;
* Participate in project procurement process of goods and consulting services in assisting the procurement process in drafting requests, analyzing proposals, drafting contracts, negotiating contracts and prices, reviewing contractual deliverables for quality and preparing the required documentation;
* Manage HR records for each employee including employment contracts, employment evaluation forms and annual leave;
* Manage confidential payment of monthly payroll and orders payments of income tax, pension health and unemployment benefits to government funds.
* Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or similar field is required;
* Minimum of 7 years of experience in Financial Management and Administration;
* Minimum of 4 years working experience in senior supervisory role related to accounting, payroll procurement and logistical support services;
* Work experience providing contractual and financial oversight to donor and USAID funded projects between $10-$20 million;
* Experience with procurement required;
* Experience with grants.
* Excellent organization skills and ability to work effectively in fast-paced, demanding environment;
* Detail oriented, and ability to prioritize tasks and support program implementation while ensuring adherence to required policies and protocols;
* Accounting/audit certifications highlight preferred;
* English language fluency (oral and written) is required;
* Zambian Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter/Letter of Application explaining qualifications for position;
* CV/Resume in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/DAFZambiaDIGS
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.