Deputy Chief of Party – District Governance Strengthening Activity, Zambia
Tetra Tech International Development Services [(http://www.tetratech.com/intdev)](https://tetratechinc.sharepoint.com/teams/188-PIB/PropBox/PropBox%20All%...(http:/www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Chief of Party position on a USAID funded program Zambia.
The overall scope of this activity is to help Zambian citizens and their government service providers build a durable system that responds to local needs, supports stronger USAID results and increases country ownership of national poverty reduction.
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will work under the direction of the Chief of Party and in close collaboration with project administrative, financial, and technical staff. The DCOP will be directly responsible for the timely provision and delivery of quality technical deliverables to support project implementation
* Provide the overall leadership, strategic guidance, vision and management to staff for successful implementation;
* Support the COP in all aspects of implementation to ensure deliverables and compliance.
* Work closely with technical and administrative staff to ensure the integration of all technical areas as well as strong collaboration with other donors, local organizations and local government counterparts;
* Meet contractual obligations, produce deliverables and targets, and achieve project results as specified by the client;
* Provide quality control of products prepared by the team and provide technical guidance to partners;
* Communicate/work with key stakeholders at regional, national and municipal levels.
* Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in law, international development, public administration, business management or other relevant disciplines;
* At least 10 years of professional experience implementing projects related to institutional strengthening, decentralization and service delivery, preferably extensive experience governance project management in Africa;
* At least 5 experience leading technical teams and activities for large-scale (>$20 million) donor and USAID funded projects;
* Demonstrated ability to manage a diverse team of experts and a demonstrated ability to integrate content from multiple disciplines and sectors;
* Experience in planning missions and coordinating logistics for team members;
* Proven ability to maintain productive working relationships with government officials, private sector actors, and other stakeholders;
* Ability to serve as acting Chief of Party in his/her absence;
* Strong presentation and strategic thinking skills;
* Excellent report writing skills required;
* Previous Deputy Chief of Party experience strongly preferred;
* English language fluency (oral and written) and previous experience in Africa, preferably Southern Africa, is required;
* Qualified Zambian Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter/Letter of Application explaining qualifications for position;
* CV/Resume in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/DCOPZambiaDIGS
that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.