Communications and Outreach Specialist – District Governance Strengthening Activity, Zambia
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Chief of Party position on a USAID funded program Zambia.
The overall scope of this activity is to help Zambian citizens and their government service providers build a durable system that responds to local needs, supports stronger USAID results and increases country ownership of national poverty reduction.
The Communications and Outreach Specialist will be responsible for the development, management, continuous improvement and expansion of the outreach and communications functions of the project.
* Develop a comprehensive communications and outreach plan;
* Develop communications materials to disseminate information to the media, project partners and stakeholders, and USAID;
* Contribute to project reports and other deliverables;
* Conduct special training in Behavior Change Communications strategies;
* Develop and lead effective public outreach campaigns; demonstrated ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams;
* Provide technical advice and support to the Chief of Party on communications quality and compliance to USAID branding and marking requirements;
* Build capacity among staff, partners and other stakeholders around information product development.
* Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in communications, psychology or related discipline;
* Experience in training and facilitation; ability to engage with multiple stakeholders; media material development;
* At least 10 years of experience related to media development and communications;
* Familiarity with training in Behavior Change Communications strategies;
* Demonstrated ability to develop and lead effective public outreach campaigns; demonstrated ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams;
* Experience developing and adapting multi-media messages for diverse range of stakeholders;
* Demonstrated ability to build capacity for advocacy;
* English language fluency (oral and written) is required;
* Zambian Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter/Letter of Application explaining qualifications for position;
* CV/Resume in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/CommsZambiaDIGS
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.