Chief of Party – District Governance Strengthening Activity, Zambia
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Chief of Party position on a USAID funded program Zambia.
The overall scope of this activity is to help Zambian citizens and their government service providers build a durable system that responds to local needs, supports stronger USAID results and increases country ownership of national poverty reduction.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for leading all technical, financial, and administrative aspects of the program and will coordinate closely with USAID in developing, implementing, and revising the project’s overall implementation strategy. The COP will be the principal liaison between USAID, Tetra Tech, and other partners and will provide comprehensive technical oversight and guidance in all aspects of the program, including monitoring and evaluation and reporting to USAID.
* Provide the overall leadership, strategic guidance, vision and management to staff for successful implementation and compliance;
* Work closely with technical and administrative staff to ensure the integration of all technical areas as well as strong collaboration with donors and local counterparts;
* Meet contractual obligations, produce deliverables and targets, and achieve project results as specified by client;
* Provide quality control of products prepared by the team and provide technical guidance to partners;
* Communicate/work with key stakeholders at regional, national and municipal levels.
* Master’s degree in law, international development, public administration, business management or other relevant disciplines;
* At least 10 years of professional experience working on, designing, and/or implementing projects related to institutional strengthening, decentralization and service delivery, including extensive experience in large donor-funded governance project management in Africa;
* At least 5 years managing development projects with large teams, and engaging with government representatives and project stakeholders on large-scale (>$20 million) donor and/or USAID funded projects;
*Demonstrated ability to manage a diverse team of experts and a demonstrated ability to integrate content from multiple disciplines and sectors;
* Experience in planning missions and coordinating logistics for team members;
*Financial and administrative management expertise required;
*Experience with enhancing coordination among institutional stakeholders preferred;
*Strong presentation and strategic thinking skills;
* Excellent report writing skills required;
*Previous Chief of Party or Program Manager experience strong preferred;
*English language fluency (oral and written) and previous experience in Africa, preferably Southern Africa, is required;
* Qualified Zambian Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter/Letter of Application explaining qualifications for position;
* CV/Resume in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/COPZambiaDIGS
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.