Cyber Security technical coordinator
Designed to strengthen the EU’s security engagement in Asia by supporting tailor-made cooperation with an initial set of five pilot countries (India, Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Korea and Vietnam), the project aims to support deeper and more operational security dialogues with partner countries, promote greater convergence between policies and practices of the EU and the partner countries and Increase international awareness and acknowledgement of the EU as a security provider.
This 4 year project of 13.5 million euros will be implemented in co-direction by GIZ and Expertise France, with a team of a 6 Key Experts (2 co-director, one EF and one GIZ, and 4 thematic coordinator, one per area: counter terrorism, cyber security, maritime security and crisis management (peacekeeping/CSDP).
Short term expertise is also foreseen to strengthen the permanent team.
In each of the 4 thematic areas of intervention, activities will be implemented under three components which are inter-related:
- Support to Policy Dialogue : support deeper and more operational dialogues with Asian partners on security topics of shared interest
- Cooperation and Capacity building: to promote greater convergence between the policies and practices of the EU and the partner countries.
- Public Diplomacy
The three components pursue the following outputs:
Output 1: Enhanced engagement and advocacy through regular dialogues on cyber security issues of shared or converging interest with key Asian partners
Output 2: Cyber EU and international standards and best practices are disseminated in the partner countries, which incorporate them in the revision processes of their national strategies, and start discussing in regional organisations such as ASEAN.
Output 3: Increased factoring in of the EU's policies and strategies in the response to security threats and challenges faced by partner countries in the region and beyond.
Output 4: Greater visibility and understanding of the EU's contributions to cybersecurity in the world and in and with Asia
Expertise France will in particular lead the activities on cybersecurity and maritime security.
Descriptif of the mission:
Under the strategic direction of the Project Director, the cyber security Technical Coordinator will be responsible for implementing activities under the cybersecurity area according to established work plan and objectives identified.
Description of the task to be assigned:
- Regular exchanges with national cybersecurity administrations or regional entities related to cyber
- Identification of opportunities of collaboration in each country
- Proposal of priorities and activities to the Project Director and Expertise France
- Mapping of ongoing projects and initiatives in the region related to cyber
- Drafting of cybersecurity area quarterly work plans per country and for transversal/regional activities
- Coordination and organization of activities implemented under thematic component, including public diplomacy actions ( with local partners, with EUD, with logistics partners and with Short term experts)
- Identification, management and support of short-term experts to implement activities in a timely manner and according to the objectives identified
- Participate in relevant project activities
- Regular exchange with EU Delegations, European External Action Service when technical meetings, European agencies and other international partners
- Provide inputs to the Project Director for overall reporting
- Participate to Steering Committee meetings or other relevant meetings requested by the Project Director or Expertise France
Qualitative criteria for short list:
Academic 10 points
· Relevance of academic training/studies 10 points
Knowledge 20 points
· Knowledge of Asian cybersecurity context and geopolitics 10 points
· Knowledge of the EU 10 points
Professional experiences 60 points
Experience in cyber security (cyber security and anti-cybercrime according International and European conventions, directives and regulations), with broad political and intercultural competencies in international project implementation context; 20 points
Experience in cyber security research, practice or training; 10 points
Experience in designing and implementing information security and public policies or international/regional legislation; 10 points
Experience of technical project management with planning, implementation processes which require coordination with stakeholders and logistics 10 points
Working experience in/with one or several of the partner countries (India, Indonesia, Japan, the Republic of Korea, and Vietnam), Europe or Africa 10 points
Selection criteria after interviews 100 points
Understanding of the project objectives, challenges and the regional context 20 points
Demonstrated expertise in cyber security research, practice or training 30 points
Project coordination and management 20 points
Ability to travel frequently to Asia 15 points
Knowledge of French and English 15 points
All applications must include the following:
- Cover letter
Applications should be sent to Expertise France by email before 24/11/2019, using the following subject: Cybersecurity Technical coordinator
If you do not receive a response within 2 months of the application deadline, please consider that your application has not been shortlisted.
The process of selection of expressions of interest will occur in two phases:
- As a first step, a shortlist will be freely established by Expertise France.
- Selected candidates may then be invited for an interview.
Fees for the services will be negotiated with the designated candidate.